The MT-07 Forum

Horn upgrade

stefano225

Anybody done a horn upgrade, I don't like the stock one too wimpy sound and want to get something louder.Something not too big and plug an play to wake up cagers  busy texting away  :D.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

A few people have put this on their bikes. 

No more meep meep for sure.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Check this thread out! 

Cheap and very loud option!
Thank you cruizin ,it's funny that I did see that post awhile back but couldn't find it.Off to harbor freight It's cheap and easy upgrade my kind of deal :D . 

• Premium Member

The Denali Soundbomb is crazy loud. Like really, it will scare you. Maybe scare those around you. You'll have to retrain your thumb to give it repeated short blasts or you and those around you will actually become disoriented.

Joking aside it's a cool device. It is a tiny bit tricky to install on this bike. I only temporarily hooked it up to make sure the one I got was working. I am still working on a bracket, it needs to move outboard of the stock horn in order to clear the radiator reservoir.

Overall looks good. Despite the much larger than stock size, it's finished and clean in appearance. Not really too bulky, but has a little weight to it, so a quality installation is paramount.

Pics when I begin my bike projects over Thanksgiving holiday.

Everything went braap.

Went to Harbor Freight and got the horns set, got home and installed the Low one,much better then stock for 8 dollars I am very happy.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

For those looking to replace their useless OEM "Meep Meep'er" here is a link for multiple horn reviews:
You know you want one of these! :)
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/

I picked up the Stebel Nautilus Compact.....one deadly blast. It's terrifying even when Im expecting it. :D

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I've got the Denali split system myself, but I haven't installed it yet -- trying to figure out how (need to fashion at least one bracket and maybe get some 90 degree connectors for the hoses)

Yea I bought the split Denali Sound Bomb and my cousin and I installed it. Actually it was mostly my cousin because he is a mechanic. But the sound is amazing. I find myself using the horn a lot now. lol. Now, when I beep at a car they actually move! They probably think it's a Mack Truck or something.

Here is my install and test of the basis Fiamm Freeway Blaster for cars. That's NOT a Denali for sure, but its much better than the OEM due to its deeper note.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the stebel TM80 low tone. Quite cheap, plug and play installation, loud and can be found with a red cap which closely matches the color of the bike.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have a feeling it's not much different than the cheap ones at Harbor Freight. I have one from H.F. and the decibels seem to be about, if not the same as the OEM horn. It's just a different pitch or frequency. It seems there are a lot of horns out there tootin' that they're really loud but compared to what? You look at their decibel rating and they're all about the same, under or around 100 db. The only one I've found that's actually 'much' louder than the OEM horn thus far, that's a singular horn, is the Denali mini but I'm not even satisfied with that. The full size sound bomb is a real attention getter with it's dual horns and higher decibals. Even online you can tell it's much louder. If I upgrade again I'll most likely get the Denali Sound Bomb or the  Denali split sb. Whichever mounts easiest I'll buy.

Beemer

I have a feeling it's not much different than the cheap ones at Harbor Freight. I have one from H.F. and the decibels seem to be about, if not the same as the OEM horn. It's just a different pitch or frequency. It seems there are a lot of horns out there tootin' that they're really loud but compared to what? You look at their decibel rating and they're all about the same, under or around 100 db. The only one I've found that's actually 'much' louder than the OEM horn thus far, that's a singular horn, is the Denali mini but I'm not even satisfied with that. The full size sound bomb is a real attention getter with it's dual horns. If I upgrade again I'll most likely get the split Denali Sound Bomb. How hard can it be to mount one extra horn? 

Yeah, i ended up getting the H.F horn, after a few months of testing it, its good, but not freeway worthy loud here in the bay area, ca

• Premium Member

Apparently, a lot of horny threads here... a current one is: http://fz07.org/thread/4958/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn

Just a suggestion, as one looks at the MANY small horns available, I'd suggest noting where the contacts are located on the horn since they vary.  Most of our bikes seem to have very short leads.  I've seen horns if turned to facilitate plugging-in without adding extension wiring the outlet for the horn is facing up and toward the rider... NOT, ideal.

Guest 2wheeler
Just a suggestion, as one looks at the MANY small horns available, I'd suggest noting where the contacts are located on the horn since they vary.  Most of our bikes seem to have very short leads.  I've seen horns if turned to facilitate plugging-in without adding extension wiring the outlet for the horn is facing up and toward the rider... NOT, ideal.
When I installed my Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn, I loosened the bolts that held on the outer stock radiator guard, but in retrospect, I probably didn't need to. The fit is tight, but fine. Other than that, total plug-n-play. Nothing needed to be done with the wiring, the Yamaha mounting plate was fine as is, and even the securing nut from the stock horn worked too. 

• Premium Member

2wheeler, as I noted in a post at the thread I linked to in my post (above), I have aftermarket radiator covers, not stock. I'm sure the Denali can be made to fit with the stock ones--from what I've read. But, more relevant here (i.e., regarding the post you quoted) was that some of the OTHER aftermarket horns have the plugs as much as opposite to the Denali, related to the "trumpet" which needs to be pointed downward.

Apparently, a lot of horny threads here... a current one is: http://fz07.org/thread/4958/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn 

[attachment id=2334" thumbnail="1]  Hey baby, you got motorcycle in Vietnam?                                        Not just this minute!
                                       Well, baby, me so horny! Me sell you horn ... last you long time!

Sorry, couldn't resist!  ::)

Beemer

• Premium Member

"last you long time!" Could be, but according to my ol' memory she said, "Love you long time!!!" Ah yes. Memory Lane; thanks Beemer.

Archived