The MT-07 Forum

Denali Soundbomb MINI Horn

Eastern Kayaker

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Note: This horn is NOT the louder and larger Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn.

Installation
=======
I just installed this Denali Soundbomb Mini horn in less than 5 minutes. I left the stock horn bracket in place and removed the stock horn and put the new Denali Mini horn in the same place. As it states in the install directions, make sure the horn is facing down to not collect water. Reconnect the stock electrical connectors to the Denali just as you do with the stock horn and your ready to go. 
[attachment id=1546" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1544" thumbnail="1][attachment id=1545" thumbnail="1]

Sound
====
The stock horn is a wimpy meep meep as we all know, while this horn is louder and sounds like a typical full size car horn. The Denali Soundbomb Air horn is louder than the Denali Mini horn.
[video src=https://youtu.be/_wYKwYUUPJ4] [video src=https://youtu.be/ToPORkDkQJo]

Cost
===
Purchased from Revzilla for $29.99.http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn

Review
=====
Easy to install and the sound is loud enough for me. I just used the existing horn bracket, since it seemed a little sturdier than the brackets Denali supplied. The only thing I don't like is the exposed back of the horn is not black. So I have another project later to paint the back of this horn black.

Options for Mini
==========
The Mini rocket launcher, for those really obnoxious drivers, just kidding. I know some of you pretended to have one at least once.

AlbatrossCafe

"Sound" section needs a video ASAP......... Sound cannot be written in text.

The airhorn seemed a bit overkill for my purposes, so I am curious to hear this one on your bike.

Edit: Perfect, thanks.

I've got the louder Denali Soundbomb (split piece) installed about two weeks ago - works great for the tough crowd  (nyc people dont give a fuck). IMO its worth the upgrade

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

I've got the louder Denali Soundbomb (split piece) installed about two weeks ago - works great for the tough crowd  (nyc people dont give a F@[HASH]K). IMO its worth the upgrade
Do you mean one that has a dual-tone? Can you give a link? I had a horn like that on my Yamaha Raider and I much prefer it to a single-tone horn.

Here it is: Its basically the original, but the compressor and the horn itself are both their own (for easier mounting, especially on the naked bikes)

this:denali_soundbomb_split_dual_tone_air_horn_zoom.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn

NOT THIS:denali_soundbomb_compact_air_horn_black_zoom.jpg

#weridenyc
2012 FZ8 (Grizzly)
IXIL Hyperlow XL L3X Exhaust
CRG Levers
Traf-X LED Turn Signals
OES Frame Sliders

I just ordered the Soundbomb Mini for my FZ from revzilla! Thanks for the sound clips @EasternKayaker !

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Guest 2wheeler

Interesting horn!

I just installed the Harbor Freight horn on my bike. They sound very similar. The HF horn is definitely bigger, and much more in need of a paint job, but it is $10 ($8 with coupon). The install time and effort seems indentical.

Any chance anybody out there has heard both live?

If the DMH is actually louder and more in your face, I don't mind eating the $10 to but that $30 horn.

• 4 months later...
Guest 2wheeler

Here's a comparison between the Harbor Freight horn and the Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn. I first got the HF because of the reviews on here, and the fact it was dirt cheap plus there was a store near my house.

1. HF is definitely better than stock. It is deeper sounding and appears to have more overall volume. It was very easy to install although it was a snug fit against the radiator guard.

2. The HF never sounded really loud and in your face unless you were under roof. When riding at speed, I was seriously questioning how well it would be heard by cagers. Remember, I said it was definitely louder than stock.

3. The Denali just flat out blows the HF away. It is to the point that when sounded under roof, it's freaking uncomfortable. The HF was a bit more like an old Chevy while the Denali was more like a big truck sound. The Denali has way more volume.

I'm feeling good about the Denali as far as people hearing me at speed, and most definitely at lower speeds. BTW, the audio of the Denali in the beginng of this thread is NOTHING like what it sounds like live!

The crazy thing is there is only $20 difference between the two. What's even more crazy is why the hell didn't Yamaha put a horn like this on their bike... and don't get me started about the position of the horn button.

As I never planned to go to the effort of putting on a full air horn setup, the Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn will be just fine.

• 1 month later...
Guest 2wheeler

So I was out riding today and a late model Volvo SUV started coming into my lane. He was going about 20-25mph with his windows up. I gave one good hit with that Denali Mini horn, and he instantly cut back. 

Fortunately this wasn't a real close one, but what it did do was let me know how well that horn works!

The horn just paid for itself today

Everytime I am around bikers, I make a point to let them hear this horn. Everyone has been seriously impressed!

• Premium Member

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Btw, I use Wolo mini-airhorns on lots of things, but it is just a little too large for the 07.

Just ordered the Denali... minus $5 left over credit from Revz and $50+ bonus bucks from paypal equals... FREE horn upgrade, hehehe!

• Premium Member

I installed the Stebel Nautilus Compact tuning horn. @ 139db its shattering and people definitely and immediatley take notice. IMO there's no such thing as overkill when it comes to additional safety.  Anything is better than that useless OEM party favour. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Do you mean one that has a dual-tone? Can you give a link? I had a horn like that on my Yamaha Raider and I much prefer it to a single-tone horn.
Here it is: Its basically the original, but the compressor and the horn itself are both their own (for easier mounting, especially on the naked bikes) 

this:denali_soundbomb_split_dual_tone_air_horn_zoom.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-split-dual-tone-air-horn

NOT THIS:denali_soundbomb_compact_air_horn_black_zoom.jpg
It's $54.99 right now so I'll probably wait for a pre Christmas sale. I was one of the people that bought the Harbor Freight horns and I've never been 100% satisfied with the loudness of them. So you mount one on the original bracket and the other where? Thanks!

Beemer

• Premium Member

The li'l Denali showed up this afternoon and I did mine a little differently than other installs. 

I painted the metallic part of the horn (that shows from the back) semi-flat black (compare with the unpainted horn in the initial post). and because of my aftermarket radiator/side pieces the horn would not quite bolt directly to the stock bracket.   So, I painted the stock bracket, as well, and made a small, aluminum adapter to move the horn to the right about an inch and down perhaps a quarter inch and painted it to match. 

I was going to make a new one-piece "L-bracket" but didn't have any stainless stock the right gauge and the factory mounting stud is a little short for the thickness aluminum I'd prefer... so, a piece-meal approach--no biggie.  Now it doesn't show that much.

AND, it sounds much better!!!  Thanks, again for the Forum heads-up on this one!

Guest 2wheeler

That looks good with the back painted. That's on my to-do list. Now that I see what it is like painted, gotta do it.

Every biker that I let hear that horn gets amazed - never do they believe that it is only $30.

• Premium Member

Simbad, here is a grossly overexposed pic from the front so you can see a little how the small, aluminum adapter I fabbed allows the Denali to be located so as not to rub anything. Sorry about the pic; didn't have chance to grad a real camera.

Archived