The MT-07 Forum

Welcome RSTX

Cruizin

Hello RSTX

Welcome to the worlds largest FZ07 forum! Please reply below and say hello! You can also take a moment and upload a profile pic here View Member

You can also post pics easily from phone or pc, watch the video.

We hope that you like our forum!

Howdy from College Station, Texas, home of Texas A&M University! Whoop! Thanks for the welcome. I purchased my FZ 07 just a couple of weeks ago after getting hired for a new job and needing another commuter vehicle. We only have a two car garage so a motorcycle was the obvious answer. Much to my astonishment my wife actually suggested that I get one. We've been married almost 21 years and I would have never dreamed that she would say anything positive about a bike. She said it and I took her at her word. And here I am.

I learned to ride on a Kawasaki KDX 80 back in the early 1980's. I wrecked often and learned a lot on that poor bike. My first street motorcycle was a 1985-ish Honda Nighthawk. It was a good basic bike. I found a lightly used 1986 Honda VFR Interceptor 700 that I rode for about three years and absolutely loved. I really wish I still had it. I ended up selling it and have not ridden anything more powerful than a bicycle since the mid 90's. Now I'm back and loving it.

I was looking hard at the Honda CB 500F initially and then I stumbled upon the FZ 07. It was a little more but seemed like a better all around bike. It has been a fun bike to learn how to ride on again. I almost picked a FJ 09 but didn't want to spend that much on what will be almost exclusively a commuter.

I will post a picture or two soon. Technology and I don't always speak.

Edited by RSTX

Welcome and congrats! Nice, blue & silver! one of my favorite color combos! Taken it out in the hill country yet?

Beemer

On 10/11/2017 at 8:54 PM, RSTX said:

Thanks, Beemer. No HC trips yet. It is just for commuting and around town stuff. 

Oh, man, You should award yourself with a few hours on a day off to ride in the outback like, hill country, you would love it!

Beemer