The MT-07 Forum

Cheap front stands

sdfzzero7

Hey guys, I bought a 2016 Fz-07 back in October and this is my first bike. I live in Michigan and winter is well underway. With the roads covered in ice and salt unfortunately I won't be riding anymore till spring. Now for winter storage I have a pit bull ss rear stand that is on the way. Didn't mind spending money on something that I've heard is well worth it. I figured I'd be using it for not only winter storage but also chain and rim cleaning.

For the front stand, correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I won't be using it much besides winter storage. I can't justify spending $190 on the pit bull front stand and I know there are far cheaper options out there. What do you guys use? I'm looking for a good deal but also something that I can trust to keep my bike in the air without having to worry breaking.

Many in the forum use the Venom stands:

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Profile-Kawasaki/dp/B00AWE0E3W?SubscriptionId=AKIAIKBZ7IH7LXTW3ARA&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00AWE0E3W&tag=wwwbookcompar-20&ascsubtag=556b83c164261a80940d06a3

Even around $110 for both front and rear!

If you don't have a rear one, that is helpful when working on the bike. If you've got it, the Venom front stand is a nice one!

Safe riding!

Many in the forum use the Venom stands: 
https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Profile-Kawasaki/dp/B00AWE0E3W?SubscriptionId=AKIAIKBZ7IH7LXTW3ARA&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00AWE0E3W&tag=wwwbookcompar-20&ascsubtag=556b83c164261a80940d06a3

Even around $110 for both front and rear!

If you don't have a rear one, that is helpful when working on the bike. If you've got it, the Venom front stand is a nice one!

Thanks those are perfect! They look like good quality for the price. I have a rear pit bull stand already ordered but I'll get one of these front stands. Thanks for the link

I use the venom stands also front and rear. Amazon has the kit front and rear for right at $100. Order a [HASH]33 pin from pitbull for the front lower triple tree mount it's like $13 and specifically made for the FZ-07. You'll have to drill out the hole for the cross pin to hold it into the stand and it works perfect.

I bought a cheap rear stand from Cycle Gear (Trackside IIRC). Not only was it a pain to use without spools, but it also broke in less than 2 years with minimal usage. Have a Pit Bull stand now and it's well worth the price. I'm all for cheap tools that don't get used a lot (have my fair share of Harbor Freight stuff), but I learned that stands are not something you want to skimp on.

...it also broke in less than 2 years with minimal usage.
How did it break? I ask because I have trackside front and rear stands and haven't had a problem but have only had them for a few months. I do have spools on the rear axle adjusters so they're easy to use but would definitely like to know your experience with it breaking. 
OP: Whatever stand you get, as CarGuy stated, get the pitbull #33 pin for the head. I also had to drill out the hole for the cross pin with the trackside front stand.

Another vote for the venom stands. I am using both front (triple tree lift) and rear with no issues. Bike has been on these stands for a month or so while I work on it and I have had zero issues.

Archived