The MT-07 Forum

Foot brake pressure switch not working....

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

Apologies if this has already been covered here but I couldnt find any info from searches....

Has anyone had their foot brake pressure switch stop functioning? No amount of pressure will activate the light.
My bike has been sitting idle in a parkade and I just noticed this issue. Even though it has a rubber boot, could the heavy dust be the culprit?
Suggestions?

Thanks cats! :D

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

There is a locknut on it that you can loosen, and another to adjust it.   see here:  http://fz07.org/thread/4513/shifter-rear-brake-adjustments 
Also, clean it if you can, and spray it with a little graphite powder. "Parkade" -- heh heh you canucks talk funny :)
What so1102 said + Is bike still under warranty? 

What's a Parkade? Is it anything like [attachment id=1423" thumbnail="1]???

Beemer

• Global Moderator
There is a locknut on it that you can loosen, and another to adjust it.   see here:  http://fz07.org/thread/4513/shifter-rear-brake-adjustments 
Also, clean it if you can, and spray it with a little graphite powder. "Parkade" -- heh heh you canucks talk funny :)
What so1102 said + Is bike still under warranty? 

What's a Parkade? Is it anything like [attachment thumbnail=1" id="1423]???
No knocking the parkay....
that shet rules

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

AlbatrossCafe

hehe my favorite subject... I ride in the rain & on gravel a lot so mine has been a pain in the ass as it sticks frequently and needs to be cleaned.

To be clear, only the light is not working, correct? The brake is fine? I ask because they are two independent things - one does not rely on the other. There is a little plunger thing with a loop coming out of it. As you push on the brake lever, a spring attached to the lever pulls that loop out of the plunger assembly, which triggers the light.

I would start here and make sure that this is connected first. You have to take the rear set off to comfortably reach it. Try pulling the loop with your hands and see if you can trigger the brake light that way.

• Premium Member

Yeah its still under warranty but Im just going to figure it out following everyone's advice, (BTW thanks guys) besides I like fixing things and the more I tinker the more I learn.

What's a parkade? @beemer my good man, in your 'southern' colloquial speech its a parking garage or parking deck, and perhaps a car park.

ex: "I threw on my toque, hopped in the car and sped from the parkade to the jar store for a 'two-four' and a mickey of gin and threatened the cashier with a robertson screw driver because he didnt have any homo milk."

;)

I like butter.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator
Yeah its still under warranty but Im just going to figure it out following everyone's advice, (BTW thanks guys) besides I like fixing things and the more I tinker the more I learn.  
What's a parkade? @beemer my good man, in your 'southern' colloquial speech its a parking garage or parking deck, and perhaps a car park.

ex: "I threw on my toque, hopped in the car and sped from the parkade to the jar store for a 'two-four' and a mickey of gin and threatened the cashier with a robertson screw driver because he didnt have any homo milk."

;)

I like butter.
imagery on that was beatiful Mr. Puss

;)

I like butter.

Come now, you haven't figured out yet that I like to joke around. If I can understand Brits I can surely understand canuckistans.  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member

;)

I like butter.

Come now, you haven't figured out yet that I like to joke around. If I can understand Brits I can surely understand canuckistans.  ;)
Haha, of course, I know full well sir. I just couldnt pass up the opportunity to throw around some canuckistanian-isms. I know most of you military cats have been around the block more than a few times...especially yourself as a Vietnam vet. The thing about me is that I'm never/rarely offended.  I managed through an extremely strict military-esque year and a half tattoo apprenticeship under a talented, albeit crazy (as they all are) CDN ex-airborne friend of mine so having a very thick skin was a definite prerequisite. I can take it from the best of 'em and happily dish it out and as such I've never filled out a "Hurt Feelings Report".

• Global Moderator

Haha, of course, I know full well sir. I just couldnt pass up the opportunity to throw around some canuckistanian-isms. I know most of you military cats have been around the block more than a few times...especially yourself as a Vietnam vet. The thing about me is that I'm never/rarely offended.  I managed through an extremely strict military-esque year and a half tattoo apprenticeship under a talented, albeit crazy (as they all are) CDN ex-airborne friend of mine so having a very thick skin was a definite prerequisite. I can take it from the best of 'em and happily dish it out and as such I've never filled out a "Hurt Feelings Report".

Any leads on an artist that is great with realism?

• Premium Member

so i messed with mine and now the rear brake light doesnt come on while stepping. i adjusted the foot peg to make it somewhat level with my foot. i noticed the light not coming on like before so i put it back where it was and still the light doesnt trigger. the second i touch the front brake light comes on, ill figure it out later i guess.

I noticed this awhile ago I just stand up on the bar, as I weight way less than to cause damage, till it actuated again and then it works all the time but great to know some of you guys have tracked down the cause looks like I get to do some small maintenence :)

• Premium Member

Any leads on an artist that is great with realism?
Unfortunately, not out your way.  

lol! That's awesome and all but I'm not a Vietnam vet and I only meant I understood what a parkade was. What's all this about hurt feelings??? Now you've gone and made me do it ..........  ;)

[video src=https://youtu.be/9zI3_pnUU3k]  Hey, have a great day, bro!

Beemer

• Premium Member

@beemer and @mrpuss please stop with the witty banter. I just blew some coffee out my nose.

Why can't left turners see us?

@beemer and @mrpuss please stop with the witty banter. I just blew some coffee out my nose.
I've got hurt feelings .........  :'(

Beemer

• Premium Member
lol! That's awesome and all but I'm not a Vietnam vet and I only meant I understood what a parkade was. What's all this about hurt feelings??? Now you've gone and made me do it ..........  ;) 
[video src=https://youtu.be/9zI3_pnUU3k]  Hey, have a great day, bro!

Haha good vid!. .... Ah, my mistake on the vet side, I could've sworn I saw a Vietnam photo you posted. Perhaps you simply commented on it. I am getting old after all, sheit is starting to slip upstairs. 

• Premium Member
Haha good vid!. .... Ah, my mistake on the vet side, I could've sworn I saw a Vietnam photo you posted. Perhaps you simply commented on it. I am getting old after all, sheit is starting to slip upstairs.
That's not so bad.  Just don't let the sheit start slipping downstairs. :) 

My bike those the same thing. I adjusted it and sometimes the switch would get stuck so but I'd figured after a couple of warm days of riding it should loosen up.

• Premium Member
HAHA I just trailed off on that one. The "hurt feelings" somehow tied into the "never being offended" part of my rambling nonsensical BS. Jesus we're not even dating and here I am prattling on, excessively explaining/defending myself. Dang it all @Beemer. :D 

• Premium Member
HAHA I just trailed off on that one. The "hurt feelings" somehow tied into the "never being offended" part of my rambling nonsensical BS. Jesus we're not even dating and here I am prattling on, excessively explaining/defending myself. Dang it all @beemer . :D
Yeah yeah yeah -- get a room you two!  What I want to know is, did you fix your rear brake problem?

Mr.Puss

You did see a photo of me standing in front of what could easily be mistaken for a Vietnamese mud hut but that was actually a Korean mud hut with straw thatched roof taken during peace time on the DMZ in 84'. The other pic you saw was taken @ Tent City or "Warrior Base" just below Pyonggang. Our battalion pulled guard for our commander in chief, president Reagan there when he visited Korea. It was an honor but I liked it better when the Dallas Cheerleaders visited us at Christmas. Ol' Ronnie just doesn't compare to a Texas hottie hug. Oh yeah, I was like 8 yr's old in 67' and I wanted to go to Vietnam but my mom said I had to finish grade school first.  ;)

Beemer

• Premium Member
HAHA I just trailed off on that one. The "hurt feelings" somehow tied into the "never being offended" part of my rambling nonsensical BS. Jesus we're not even dating and here I am prattling on, excessively explaining/defending myself. Dang it all @beemer . :D
Yeah yeah yeah -- get a room you two!  What I want to know is, did you fix your rear brake problem?
Ok Ok..... :D   I havent had time to tinker with it.  

• Premium Member

Sheesh!  I am almost too ashamed to admit it, but it turns out while unplugging my O2 sensor I may have maybe, sorta, kinda, inadvertently mistraced and unplugged my brake connection instead. (oy vey, tugs collar) ;-| SMH. 

I shall now commit seppuku....

• Premium Member
Sheesh!  I am almost too ashamed to admit it, but it turns out while unplugging my O2 sensor I may have maybe, sorta, kinda, inadvertently mistraced and unplugged my brake connection instead. (oy vey, tugs collar) ;-| SMH.   

Just remember... upstairs slippage, bad.  Downstairs slippage, even worse. :) 

Archived