The MT-07 Forum

warranty

shift4life

I picked up a fz with 700 miles on it. Should I do a warranty it is 420 more for an additonal 3 years. Give me your thoughts. With the bike being so new it hasn't really been around long enough to see if it is problematic.

I think u should think how long you plan to keep it if your gonna do any upgrades that would void that warranty

if i where you i will change oil inmediatly, about warranty, if it doest crack at the first run, then everithyng should be right after

Dealer claims oil was just changed but I will still probably switch over to synthetic. And I test rode it started right up no weird noises and ran smooth. I just feel like I will get the warranty and never use it I am a mechanic to

• Global Moderator

I did not get the warrantee. I figure that if it has not failed in the first year I am probably okay. It is not a very complex bike so I figure if something breaks I can probably fix it. I suppose I will find out in another four years whether I am a genius or an idiot :).

Owned a lot of yamaha motorcycles, raced em, etc. I've never required the warranty. Keep up with regular maintenance and yamahas (most bikes these days really) will last a long, long time.

Buddy of mine had a 05 R1 with 172k miles on it last we spoke. He had to replace the valve springs and clutch due to wear outside of regular maintenance

If I could do it over again, I wouldn't get the warranty. I'm already to the point of wanting to do upgrades that would void the warranty, so I'm not really sure it's worth it.

I bought a brand new FZ07 and got the Y.E.S warranty. I mean it's really not all that much considering my bank gave me a great rate and i put 20% down. I normally opt out for extended warranty for electronics but i figure if I'm going to buy a 6k new bike i might as well get the coverage for that "just in case" and peace of mind.

Archived