The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Extended Service price on eBay

maybe07

• Premium Member

There is a extended service item on eBay offered by Fremont Motorsports in Colorado, http://www.ebay.com/itm/250462210568?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  for $449 for four years. The information states that it's good for all US states except for Florida and Washington. 

What is the price from the dealer for extended service? Is it cheaper to call Yamaha?

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Mine was $500.00 for five years and I'd feel better getting it from a Yamaha dealership I am actually standing in, that way I know everything is on the level.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member

I'd be interested to learn which types of mods would void this extended warranty (as we are prone to modding round these parts)

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I'd be interested to learn which types of mods would void this extended warranty (as we are prone to modding round these parts)
Each mod you do only voids the warranty on that particular part of the bike.  For instance, if you upgrade the exhaust, it voids the warranty for the exhaust.  If you do things like change intake and have catastrophic engine failure, Yamaha's policy is, they have to prove that your intake mod was the specific factor in the engine failure. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

I don't buy warranties. The one year is good enough for me in case of the very rare engine failure.

I also do not let dealer's touch my bikes.

Dealers pay peanuts to their mechanics. So, the good mechanics quit and open their own shops and do better work for 30% of what dealers charge. What is usually left is service techs who honestly are not very good and are pushed so hard to finish so many bikes ea day that they skimp on quality.

My bike mechanic used to be the service manager at the dealership where I bought my bike. He has endless stories of bikes being sent out with no oil, loose rear axel bolts, etc etc by the junior mechanics. The most common were scratched tanks and then the dealers claiming that they didn't do it.

So, dealers do not touch my bikes and I go to private shops. I remember when I first got the bike they said they would calibrate the Fuel Injectors for me at 1500 miles for a sale price of $280.00.

Lol, I took it to my more experienced mechanic who did it for $45.00.

Archived