Cruizin

Best helmets under $200

Revzilla put together a pretty good selection of the best helmets under $200 

Link- Best helmets under $200

One of my favorites is this one  Bell Qualifier DLX Blackout for $149

bell_qualifier_dlx_blackout_helmet_matte_black_750x750.jpg

I just have never had a problem with a Bell helmet. And I have wrecked hard in the dirt and on the track, usually when wearing Bell.  

Also Bell makes the Transitions face shield for their helmets. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-star-vortex-transistions-photochromatic-face-shield?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5LbWBRDCARIsALAbcOc1VA6vJT0KPWe41deJPLaIaE5YEV6gnSzdK3PwXLD1f7P_yrkkTbAaAkQmEALw_wcB

I use this very shield and man, like the transitions glasses, they turn dark in a flash when in sunlight, turn clear when in cloudy low UV conditions. They work great, and you get spoiled wearing this shield on your helmet. 

Alot of great deals on the the links above, I'm just very partial to Bell Helmets and the transitions shield. 

I have a  Bell RS-1 (they do not make it anymore) with a Transitions shield.  I love the shield and would not buy another helmet that did not have that option.  It will be a bit limiting when I buy my next helmet. 

I don't see that the photochromatic face shields are polarized and I have to have polarized lenses so my question is if I wore polarized sunglasses along with a helmet that has a photochromatic faceshield will everything appear too dark on a sunny day? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I have been very, very happy with my HJC FG17. Fiberglass composite so its lighter than previous helmets ive owned. Good feel to the liner, pinlock ready. The chin vent flows better than anything ive worn. Top vents pretty good too. Has enough room for my sena 3S. Its reasonably quiet. I did install the $9 chin skirt. $170-$190 on revzilla. I got mine for $99 on closeout cuz it had an older graphic on it. Snell appoved too. It even has a locking visor like the RPHA series. 

www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-fg-17-helmet-solid?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpYvG5JS12gIViENpCh1NYwfjEAAYASAAEgLuavD_BwE

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beemer said:

I don't see that the photochromatic face shields are polarized and I have to have polarized lenses so my question is if I wore polarized sunglasses along with a helmet that has a photochromatic faceshield will everything appear too dark on a sunny day? Does anyone have any experience with this?

The photo chromatic lens does not get super dark. You'd be fine wearing polarized glasses under a darkened Transitions shield on a sunny day. But if you're wearing sunglasses, it pretty much negates the need for the tinted shield.

Edited by DewMan

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

The photo chromatic lens does not get super dark. You'd be fine wearing polarized glasses under a darkened Transitions shield on a sunny day. But if you're wearing sunglasses, it pretty much negates the need for the tinted shield.

Thanks! I was thinking that if it only gets as dark as a medium tint then I'll be fine and if and when I'm still on the bike when it starts getting darker out I can simply take the glasses off and have a clear shield instead of having to stop the bike to get the clear, night time glasses out from under the pillion. That would be less hassle than what I currently do so that would work well for me. If it's not real bright and no glare I probably wouldn't need the sunglasses at all.