The MT-07 Forum

LighTech LED signals type 2

michigan400

michigan400

Just ordered 2 pairs of the LighTech LED signals (Type 2, integrated). Wanted the DRL function still like the stockers so they seemed like a reasonable choice.

Is it anywhere in the manual or online the wiring diagram for the signals? I want to know wire color of stock bike so I can hook these up with minimal trial and error. Rears will be just the signals but the front I definitely want the DRL function. 

Also threw in the cart the LED flasher relay and the Puig mount kit so that part is covered. Any info on wire color for +, - and DRL would be appreciated. I'll look in the manual later tonight when I get home but I don't have high hopes of finding anything useful so figured I'd ask the experts on here. Thanks for any help!!

M400

michigan400

Received my LighTech Type 2 intergrated signals and Puig mount adapters yesterday. Still waiting on the LED flasher but that is due to arrive today. I'll post some pics of these when I start putting them on. Initial impressions are - "Dam they are tiny!!". I guess I was expecting smaller than stock but bigger than my cheapo Tusk LED signals on my XR400. They are a little smaller than the Tusk units in width and depth and will stick out approx. the same distance. They do look nice though and appear to be made much better. The plastic lens is smoked so they look dark when just sitting there.

Also if you order the Puig turn signal mount kit (the oval plates) it says a qty of 4 in the add but will only mount 2 signals from what I can tell. I beleive 2 plates for each signal location are what is needed. I'll probably just copy them and cut my own or use a large diameter washer on the back sides so I can use 1 plate for each location. Whatever,,, I'll get them mounted either way I just don't want to "buy" another set of what amounts to a fancy washer. If I were to do it again I would get the cheaper units that tell you they only mount 2 signals and cost half as much. 

Pics to come soon.

M400

• 4 weeks later...
michigan400

Update 5/9/18

Front signals installed. I still say they are waaaaaay smaller than what I expected. They work just fine don't get me wrong. Just wish they were a little larger for better visibility. I like the white running lights but the signal portion is literally 3 or 4 LED's and that's it.

I'm putting on the rear signals next. I'm just using some cheapo Tusk LED signals that I had on dual sport for a couple years. They are larger in size and I think will give better overall visibility.

If safety and visibility are high priority for you,,,, keep the stockers on. The LED signals do look better so prioritize what you want (form or function) before clicking "add to cart".

Also an install tip for anyone - If you solder the wires to your stock signal connector,, make sure to slide the adapter plates, washer and nut (in the correct order) on along with shrink the tube before you solder them. The stock plug is to large and the washer and nut will not slide over it. I had to do one side twice because of this. Not a big deal but it can save you some time and frustration for sure.

Archived