The MT-07 Forum

FORK upgrade - TRAXXION AR-25 K41-1 or MATRIS FY125SE

mt07_PH

• Premium Member

I went the other direction...... I ordered, and installed the Traxxion Dynamics AR-25 kit. I ordered directly from them, and everything was spelled-out VERY well. You give them your weight/riding style, they do the set-up, and package it up and send it to you. It comes COMPLETE- no drilling/cutting/brazing/de-burring. It even comes complete with oil.... Drop it in and enjoy!!!! Unfortunately, I won't be able to report back on it until April/May, as my bike is "track-only" and I live in Minnesota-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

longrider1951

I've dealt with Traxxion Dynamics and everything I've gotten has been a quality product. Their customer support is also great. No experience with the other company.

• Like 1

From what I have been able to find on other models, it is a plug in deal with valving both for rebound and compression in their valve.  It is fixed, as far as adjustment without disassembly.  The kit is for 185-220 lb if I remember right.  I am at the 200 lb level, which should work well since I'm looking street use and that would put it in the softer spectrum.

I've used Traxxion rod+GV in my FZ07. Works great on the track, but a little too firm compression damping for our rough roads. Reduced GV spring preload, but that didn't have much effect. Left it this way ...

I installed a Racetech GV on my 2019 CB500X & learned about GV tuning options that Traxxion did not supply for the FZ07.

(https://racetech.com/page/title/Emulator Tuning Guide)

The "valve" plates for the GV can have 2 holes or 4 holes for low-speed compression damping. More holes allow more oil flow (fork movement) before enough pressure has built to lift the valve. Small-bump sensitive improves with 4-hole valve.

Racetech custom specs for me + 500X were 2-hole valve & 3 turns of blue GV spring preload. Too harsh compression & no small-bump sensitivity. I changed to 4-hole valve & dropped GV spring preload to 2.5 turns. AHHH!!! 🙂

I went back to the FZ07 & drilled out 2 more holes in the 2-hole valve & dropped GV spring preload again. AHHH!!! 🙂

So, if you are going with the Traxxion rod+GV for _street_ use, ask for the 4-hole valve plates for the GVs & start with 0.5-1.0 less turns of GV spring preload than Traxxion recommends. Use 12wt fork oil for light-to-oem springs & 15wt oil for those of us with heavy springs.

Good luck with your suspension tuning.

Catfish ...

• Premium Member
On 1/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, klx678 said:

From what I have been able to find on other models, it is a plug in deal with valving both for rebound and compression in their valve.  It is fixed, as far as adjustment without disassembly.  The kit is for 185-220 lb if I remember right.  I am at the 200 lb level, which should work well since I'm looking street use and that would put it in the softer spectrum.

The valving should be the same, based on your riding style- regardless of rider weight. Traxxion Dynamics includes the proper fork springs & oil , for your given weight. I had previously used Racetech GV emulators. I was reasonably happy with the results. I just always felt like I was buying a used car, from a guy in a cheap suit.... Not the best customer support. There are "access codes" that may, or may-not work. I think Racetech had a great idea with the GV. I also think they made a ton of money with this wonderful product- good for them!!! I also believe they got too "comfortable" with their product, and Traxxion Dynamics made a better product. Granted, I won't be able to ride for a couple months, and verify my results- but the customer experience with Traxxion Dynamics has been MUCH better than with Racetech-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

• 2 months later...
Wookiee one

Once I fit matris front Fse front spring pre load n rear shock that being put together with upgrade spring should help some what , had a matris on a gixer back when Noah was lad that transformed handling of an already mean machine . Can't speak for us models (UK me) but on par with the usual omlin nitron here in uk