johnakay

tracer 700 possible for USA?

Beemer
21 hours ago, shinyribs said:

No real regrets here either. This is my favorite bike ever ridden or owned. The fact that I'm 6'2", 220lbs , 32" inseam and can ride it from VA to AL and back non-stop definitely tells me the bike is capable. Pretty much nothing but a bar change and I'm comfy. Also, on that trip I was riding with a guy on a BMW S1000XR. He complained of helmet buffeting and I could visibly watch his head bobble behind his factory windshield. No dirty air on my clean naked bike at all. He was stretching his legs more than me, too. I got better fuel mileage, too. Never thought a lil 07 could out travel a BMW on the open road, and we were cruising at a steady 85mph.

The longer wheel travel ( possible plusher ride) and higher ground clearance of the Versys suggests a bigger bike, but they've actually got identical seat heights. That makes me wonder if the Versys would actually feel more cramped since the seat to peg distance is possibly closer on the Kawasaki. The FZ also has a longer wheelbase. Looks can be so deceptive. So the allure of the Versys being a bigger, more comfy FZ may not be the case at all. Did you ride the Versys? If so, what were your thoughts? 

The factory hard cases for the Versys are also tempting, except they're not top loaders, so that cancels that out. 

Nah, didn't get a chance to ride it, just studied it from afar. I never got the Versys fever. I have a feeling it would be a decent bike to travel on, maybe but it didn't compel me.

shinyribs
10 hours ago, Beemer said:

Nah, didn't get a chance to ride it, just studied it from afar. I never got the Versys fever. I have a feeling it would be a decent bike to travel on, maybe but it didn't compel me.

Buddy, you didn't miss much. Decided to go ride one and there's no effing way I'm losing my 07 over that. No power, super revvy, a bit buzzy and very clumsy. Handles ok once rolling and never feels heavy at any speed, but it has that save nervous/clumsy front end that made me give up on the fz09. Throttle is jumpy, much jumpier than a 07. ABS must not be top notch because I kept sliding the rear tire. Oh yeah, the rear brake is much more responsive than ours lol. But seriously, it took so long for the ABS to kick in that it's useless. My reflexes shouldn't be 3-4 times faster than the ABS system. I had to drag a tire several feet before the system released it. However, I feel the exact same way about the 07 with ABS I rode. 

But the bags kick ass in every way, the seat absolutely rocks and the windshield is highly effective.  It'd be my dream bike if it had my 07's engine and handling. 

If anyone owns a Versys and is happy with it, for the love of God , never let them ride your 07. 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.