The MT-07 Forum

mirror extension risers

dewski

I agree our mirrors need to be extended more out to the sides. This may do the job, but I dont like it. Wish there was just a bolt you could put inline with the diagonal mirror rod. I tried looking but its an odd size and unable to find one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I have bought those, from a US vendor. This link will take to a (bad) photo showing what they look like. The vendor in the US is found at this link
Marco

Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

I don't fancy anything wider than the bars for getting through traffic
but it's surprising how much you can see through the org ones if you adjust
them down so the long top edge is level, they seem to come with them pointing
up a fair bit.

I tried bending them down but didn't solve the problem ,I still couldn't see behind over my shoulders that why I need higher mirrors set up .

Well I received my mirrors extenders few days ago,and this morning I decided to install them,20141021_094716_zpsowfrryeb.jpgto my surprise the bolts and mounts that I ordered are both right hand thread ???.So i just send an email to seller requesting an exchange for one of the mount/bolt.One thing I notice is you can extend them by loosing up the bolts and unscrewing mirror giving the rider a 1/4 inch out and a 1/4 inch up I included some pics so you can understand what I am trying to say ,not much but could help a little for some riders.Going to take bike out to see if visibility improved at all. 

Well I received my mirrors extenders few days ago,and this morning I decided to install them,20141021_094716_zpsowfrryeb.jpgto my surprise the bolts and mounts that I ordered are both right hand thread ???.So i just send an email to seller requesting an exchange for one of the mount/bolt.One thing I notice is you can extend them by loosing up the bolts and unscrewing mirror giving the rider a 1/4 inch out and a 1/4 inch up I included some pics so you can understand what I am trying to say ,not much but could help a little for some riders.Going to take bike out to see if visibility improved at all. 
Good tip, but are they still holding firm without vibrations? 

Just a heads up to you guys running the wider taller mirror extinctions. The clutch side mount is a little on the weak side. If it does break, your clutch will not be attached to the handle bars. My WR250X had a very similar mount and I went through 2 mounts before I just removed that mirror. I'm not saying that it will fail, just keep an eye on the mount for cracks.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Well I just got back from a 35 miles ride (weather is in the 60's today :D) and I must say that for me it was a great improvement,I can actually see cagers  behind me  :) .Did not experience any vibrations on the mirrors(the only vibrating things I see are those two oranges :D) So now I got to find some black spacers 1/4 inch high in 10 mm diameter.If you're experiencing same problem I suggest give that a try before buying extenders,just make sure everything is tight . 

I've found that if you pull swing them closer to you completely then adjust only the top mirror portion out they have much better visibility angle with a lot less shoulder ... Just saying

I got those same Mirror Extenders off Ebay for my new FZ-07. They work well and were a snap to install (left and right threaded). Now I can see what's behind me.

Hey Everybody, I'm a wider guy and look like Donkey Kong in MarioKart on the bike but I did exactly what Shadow07 suggested and it worked. Just play around with the mirrors a bit before feeling like you need to buy extensions.

IMO - due to the versatility of this bike , freeway tuck , cruisin, lane splittin, twisties, city mashin,long rides, shirt rides ,whatever , your riding style and positioning is constantly transitioning . In regards to angles , distancing from bars , arm position , hand position ,back position, amped , fatigued , backpack , free as bird , I could never have my eyes stuck in a certain location . As it was previously stated I would weaken the base of the mirrors down the line ( IMO again ) . FYI my garage is a little cramped right now so I have to swing mirrors in flush everytime so I have got acquainted with them pretty well now . Yes down the line I would like to upgrade them so there not so bulky looking but for now ....???? peace guys

I think the stock mirrors are perfect. I'm not a small guy and have pretty broad shoulders and I can see behind me fine. I think the mirrors look good, bar ends don't really go well with this bike.

• Global Moderator

Of course if you go fast enough it does not matter what is behind you :).

I got a set of those off eBay and they work great. Now I can see what's behind me much better. Easy to install--just remember there is a left and right with opposite threading.

jp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
I'm getting mine here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VBZU7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ordered few days ago should be here by Monday will post pics.
Got those mirror extension on Amazon last week and they work great, visibility with the stock mirrors is much better now. j8KVgQQ.jpg
y37G0zQ.jpg

Love to ride!

Archived