The MT-07 Forum

Factory FJ09 centerstand?

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

After moving to my new home a couple of weeks ago, I went by the local Yamaha dealer to acquaint myself with their shop. While wandering through the bikes on display, I saw a new 2016 FJ09 with a centerstand mounted on it. This stand did not show on a list of dealer installed options that was attached to the bike so does this model bike have a centerstand? Thought I'd ask the forum before going to the Yamaha website.

• Premium Member

The center stand is not an add on, they come from factory with centerstand ... pretty handy and useful...not so much at the track but good enough for a novice rider...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

topazsparrow

My 2016 FJ-09 came with one.

Barely notice it's there, great for winter storage too!

Mines for sale, buy it please! I want to ride my FZ-07 again... haha.

several of us with FZ09 bought the parts to put on those that were denied the blessed sacrament of centerstand'ish.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

firstyammerha

does the FJ07 offer the centerstand? I just put an SW Motec stand on my FZ. Cost $300 but maybe not the best centerstand option out there. It doesn't seem to have the balance point in the correct location causing more physical effort to get the bike on the stand. I get a nose heavy feel out of the bike on the SW stand.My $150 factory Cb500F stand seemed to require less effort to bring it up on the stand. The CB is heavier too.The Honda stand mounted directly underneath the swingarm pivot while the SW stand mounts under the FZ footrests. I don't get the "rocking horse " feel from the SW stand that the Honda stand provided. Also the install was more labor intensive with remove "oem part, add SW part, reinstall oem part,etc. The CB had tabs mounted to the frame below the swingarm and required installation of a tube through the centerstand for attachment to the bike(as I recall). Honda had the engineering over Yamaha in this regard but there's things Honda could could learn from Yamaha.     

• Premium Member

no the FJ-07 aka Tracer700 does not have a centerstand from the factory as far as I can tell from Yamaha EU lineup...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
firstyammerha

Thinking back on the FJ09 at the dealership, it appeared this factory stand was mounted in the same or similar fashion as the SW Motech stand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, norcal616 said:

no the FJ-07 aka Tracer700 does not have a centerstand from the factory as far as I can tell from Yamaha EU lineup...

no they dont.its an after market thing if you want one.

I had one on and bloody useless so sold it on.

it was an effort to to get the bike up and not only that it would ground out on left hand corners.

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2018 at 6:33 PM, firstyammerha said:

Thinking back on the FJ09 at the dealership, it appeared this factory stand was mounted in the same or similar fashion as the SW Motech stand.

Being that it's a 'center' stand they won't vary too much in their placement or functionality.

Beemer

firstyammerha

Right Beemer, a couple of inches forward from the swingarm pivot location wouldn't much affect the effort required to heave the bike up on the stand.The Yamaha location may actually be closer to the bike's center of mass, don't know. Likewise with the Honda's location. But I figured the Honda was engineered from the beginning for a stand whereas the Yamaha stand is an after thought and it's location was probably dictated by ease of installation. I know one thing, I'm not going to hang this bike from the ceiling in order to find its balance point.

Archived