Stirz

Oh No! 13 days to GO TIME!

Stirz

There are no instructions I knew of to guide me through the build, so a lot of it was "figure it out as you go". During bodywork fit-up, I discovered that the ECU and VR both needed relocation to get the tank cover to mount. Lots of unneeded relays for hazard and signal lights - you do need to keep the cooling fan relay and the fuel pump relays. I ended up doing something I had not really planned or wanted to do - I ended up chopping the harness to get rid of unneeded wiring so I could make room to cram everything under the tank. It ended up working out fine, but going back to stock wiring may be problematic if I ever decide to do it. Red line is IC wiring, blue was simplified key switch eliminator

20180422_183143.jpg

Stirz
Posted (edited)

Mods so far:

R6 front end and wheels, brakes, MC

Rearsets and clip-ons (Woodcraft/vortex)

Shock and carts, AP moto shock link

AP moto bodywork, and sweet airbox

Vortex chain conversion (520) - not shown this photo

Steering damper (ohlins), shark fin (woodcraft)

Powercommander 5

Slipper clutch (sigma), replace brake lines (galfer), 

Yosh exhaust, LiPo battery. 

20180603_135016a.jpg

Edited by Stirz
  • Like 4

motomeek

Exciting! Anything else you're doing or are you ready to go?

Question - Frame sliders are cool for track? Just curious to hear your thoughts as many I feel have differing thoughts when it comes to possible high speed accidents. 

fzar

Where are you going to race it? @Stirz I'm following this to see what happens, very interesting.

Stirz

I'm racing it with UtahSBA this season, so yeah - dedicated race bike. 

Sliders - hopefully I won't have to 'performance test' them any time soon - but I generally go full-meal deal: Sliders, case covers, etc. - they generally pay for themselves the first time I toss it down the track....and I will sooner or later. 

_B3A8100.jpg

• Like 1

mossrider

Don't forget toe point, both feet, lol.

Glad you got back on er. 

Beemer
38 minutes ago, mossrider said:

Don't forget toe point, both feet, lol.

Glad you got back on er. 

LOL! I was thinking that that looked like some kind of ballerina pose myself.

Beemer

BTW, you are not Mr. Procrastination, you got to work and worked hard 13 days before time. I would've waited till the day before. (My crown is secure. 👑 )

Stirz

Yeah, that one got me some metal parts like the REAL racers have - now if I could just get the umbrella girl like they do, I'd be set. 

20160519_150550 (2).jpg

chademinent
2 hours ago, Stirz said:

I'm racing it with UtahSBA this season, so yeah - dedicated race bike. 

Sliders - hopefully I won't have to 'performance test' them any time soon - but I generally go full-meal deal: Sliders, case covers, etc. - they generally pay for themselves the first time I toss it down the track....and I will sooner or later. 

_B3A8100.jpg

Im going to be at the UMC this weekend for their ART class.  Then riding the rest of the week around Utah, Arizona, Colorado Maybe even Wyoming.  Good luck this season!!

Stirz
1 minute ago, chademinent said:

Im going to be at the UMC this weekend for their ART class.  Then riding the rest of the week around Utah, Arizona, Colorado Maybe even Wyoming.  Good luck this season!!

Good Deal!! I'm working in PA today, fly back tonight, load two bikes and gear, head to the track in the morning - I'll be in West 3, or in the tower running race control. Come by if you get a chance..

• Like 1

scratchpad
On 6/13/2018 at 7:53 AM, Stirz said:

Initial mock up with controls, front end and some go-fast bits. Note Woodcraft case covers do not play nicely with the AP moto bodywork. You'll need to use these:

https://www.gbracing.eu/Yamaha.114/MT-07%2C-XSR700%2C-FZ-07-2014-2018.425/Engine-Protection.426/?osCsid=cblusbe7qcqo3r0fi4787lpso5

20180429_101409.jpg

We used Woodcraft and cut out openings in the bodywork. The AP bodywork is already a snug fit and opening those areas helped IMO and in the event of a crash the bodywork will be better off letting the case covers do their job. Yosh, GBracing and R&G will work without modifying the bodywork and all will satisfy race org. rules.