The MT-07 Forum

Oh No! 13 days to GO TIME!

Stirz

chademinent
2 hours ago, Stirz said:

I'm racing it with UtahSBA this season, so yeah - dedicated race bike. 

Sliders - hopefully I won't have to 'performance test' them any time soon - but I generally go full-meal deal: Sliders, case covers, etc. - they generally pay for themselves the first time I toss it down the track....and I will sooner or later. 

_B3A8100.jpg

Im going to be at the UMC this weekend for their ART class.  Then riding the rest of the week around Utah, Arizona, Colorado Maybe even Wyoming.  Good luck this season!!

1 minute ago, chademinent said:

Im going to be at the UMC this weekend for their ART class.  Then riding the rest of the week around Utah, Arizona, Colorado Maybe even Wyoming.  Good luck this season!!

Good Deal!! I'm working in PA today, fly back tonight, load two bikes and gear, head to the track in the morning - I'll be in West 3, or in the tower running race control. Come by if you get a chance..

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 7:53 AM, Stirz said:

Initial mock up with controls, front end and some go-fast bits. Note Woodcraft case covers do not play nicely with the AP moto bodywork. You'll need to use these:

https://www.gbracing.eu/Yamaha.114/MT-07%2C-XSR700%2C-FZ-07-2014-2018.425/Engine-Protection.426/?osCsid=cblusbe7qcqo3r0fi4787lpso5

20180429_101409.jpg

We used Woodcraft and cut out openings in the bodywork. The AP bodywork is already a snug fit and opening those areas helped IMO and in the event of a crash the bodywork will be better off letting the case covers do their job. Yosh, GBracing and R&G will work without modifying the bodywork and all will satisfy race org. rules.

Archived