The MT-07 Forum

Just gonna leave this right here...

WinOrDie

I think I have my bike setup how I want it (for now) :D

Mods so far;

-Modified Intake

-R6 Throttle Tube

-Rear Peg Delete (black hex head bolts to cover holes/ homeade bracket for brake reservoir)

-Arrow Style Mirrors

-Hydraulic brake switch

-Black "Superbike" Bars

-Painted side covers and rearset mounting plates

-TST Smoked Flushmount Signals 

-TST LED Relay

-RideItMoto Adjustable Levers

-Evotech Rear Slider/Spools

-Evotech Radiator Gaurd

-Yoshimura Fender Eliminator

-TST Smoked Integrated Taillight

-Yamaha Front Cowl

-Cyclops 7,000 Lumen Headlight

-Yamaha Rear Seat Cowl

-2WDW ECU Flash

-Driven TT Rearsets

-Yoshimura R77 Carbon

IMG_20180325_131155~2.jpg

• Global Moderator

It looks like you just need to do the suspension (you will be amazed at how much of a difference it makes).  Great looking bike though. 

• Premium Member

Looking sharp, personally I'd have to add frame-sliders and clutch and stator covers. It's a personal choice though. I like my T-Rex engine case covers that I added after buying my bike, I'm not in love with the T-Rex frame sliders that were installed by the previous owner. Better than nothing for now, I'm not the accessory guy, more function over aesthetics, but to each their own. You've seemed to keep yours clean, as in its not busy, which I like. 

18 hours ago, mjh937 said:

It looks like you just need to do the suspension (you will be amazed at how much of a difference it makes).  Great looking bike though. 

Appreciate it, I have gone back and forth on suspension. I happily admit that I'm no track rider, so I'm not even sure what I would want. 

That being said, I do know that my stock setup feels a little bouncy sometimes and the weight transfer can catch me off gaurd every now and then.

10 hours ago, fzar said:

Looking sharp, personally I'd have to add frame-sliders and clutch and stator covers. It's a personal choice though. I like my T-Rex engine case covers that I added after buying my bike, I'm not in love with the T-Rex frame sliders that were installed by the previous owner. Better than nothing for now, I'm not the accessory guy, more function over aesthetics, but to each their own. You've seemed to keep yours clean, as in its not busy, which I like. 

Thanks, I have heard mixed reviews on frame sliders. Seems great of you tip over at low speed but could make things worse at the higher speeds.

I actually low sided last year doing about 50kph (truck ran a red and I locked up the front while leaned over). Repair bill was $3500 but somehow I didn't have a single scratch on the motor or frame.

• Global Moderator
15 minutes ago, WinOrDie said:

Appreciate it, I have gone back and forth on suspension. I happily admit that I'm no track rider, so I'm not even sure what I would want. 

That being said, I do know that my stock setup feels a little bouncy sometimes and the weight transfer can catch me off gaurd every now and then.

I waited about three years before I got my suspension upgraded (I wish I had done it sooner...by about the years).  I also just do street riding and have never ridden on a track.  The bike feels so much better in the corners and even in a straight line I can accelerate faster as the back end does not squat down and cause it to want to wheelie as easily.  Even if you are not pushing the limits you will feel more confident and comfortable with a decent suspension that is set up for your weight.  

My ohlins shock made a massive improvement to the ride quality & handling. It was the cheapest decent quality shock available in Oz too...

Cogent's DDC valves for the forks give good bang for buck too, though I'd like to fit ohlins cartridges eventually for a combination of track days & commuting.

1 hour ago, WinOrDie said:

Get the suspension done for your weight/Height. 

This involves having the springs changed to match your weight, as the fz-07 is currently set up for a 160 lb rider. Also have your sag settings set for your height. 

The difference will blow you away. You will start taking corners 10-15 mph faster and your overall confidence will increase. Suspension is the first upgrade that I do on every bike I own. By far the biggest bang for the buck. 

58 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Get the suspension done for your weight/Height. 

This involves having the springs changed to match your weight, as the fz-07 is currently set up for a 160 lb rider. Also have your sag settings set for your height. 

The difference will blow you away. You will start taking corners 10-15 mph faster and your overall confidence will increase. Suspension is the first upgrade that I do on every bike I own. By far the biggest bang for the buck. 

I'm not far off the 160lbs but I'm sure the stock setup leaves much to be desired even when it's 100%. 

I'm not gonna lie tho, I am super picky when it comes to my bike. Although I would like to upgrade I could never have a yellow spring and I don't know how I feel about mounting a remote reservoir. I'm just special that way I guess...

• Global Moderator

It does not have to be yellow or have a remote reservoir. 

B104A20B-733A-4849-B770-636FBC05772F.jpeg

• Global Moderator
2 minutes ago, WinOrDie said:

Pretty sexy :) Nitron R1?

Yes it is an R1.  I bought it from @pattonme through the group buy he recently had.  I could not be happier with it.  

1 minute ago, mjh937 said:

Yes it is an R1.  I bought it from @pattonme through the group buy he recently had.  I could not be happier with it.  

Very nice, the only down side is I live in the great white norrh (AKA Canada) which means shipping costs are a nightmare :(

• Global Moderator
11 minutes ago, WinOrDie said:

Very nice, the only down side is I live in the great white norrh (AKA Canada) which means shipping costs are a nightmare :(

Where in Canada?   If you are close to Bellingham we may be able to work something out.  Ship it to me and install it here.   It took me about fifteen minutes to install the new shock. 

1 minute ago, mjh937 said:

Where in Canada?   If you are close to Bellingham we may be able to work something out.  Ship it to me and install it here.   It took me about fifteen minutes to install the new shock. 

Probably 3.5-4hrs from Bellingham, depending on the ferry.

Archived