The MT-07 Forum

School me on Sena's and other bluetooth things

shinyribs

37 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Have you had opportunity to use the mesh network yet? Beemer & I are having issues with occasionally garbled speech that seems worse with the latest 1.0.3 firmware.

I haven't upgraded it to the latest firmware yet and haven't had a group to be able to test the mesh network yet. I typically ride alone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Everyone still happy with their 30k?  I'm looking at it over a 20s. It would be just for my wife and I to communicate, music, and gps. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• Premium Member

If I'm being honest the 30K still needs some tweaks via firmware updates... but overall  I'm still glad I got it over the 20S just for future proofing.

Full disclosure: I've never used the 20s. I came from the SMH10s.

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

topazsparrow
On 5/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Hunter said:

For anyone wanting to buy the sena 30k amazon has them at $230 for one and $296 for dual pack right now. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074T5SN6P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

That is an INSANE deal right now. WOW.

The 20s basically never goes on sale the entire time it's been out. interesting to see them fire saleing the 30k. Shame Missed it.

Edited by topazsparrow

• 2 years later...

Starting riding my 07 between home and office about one year ago. The morning sunshine and nice breeze after work really makes my 9 2 5 life easier. It's much better than sitting in my Toyota in the traffic.

Just received a Bluetooth headset from a guy who's selling on Craigslist last month. Pretty nice price and quality. Now, besides sunshine and breeze, I also have nice music with me. YA!

https://motorcycle-bluetooth-helmet

Edited by Wildkidjerry

Interesting that Cardo is not mentioned. I bought a set just for my wife and I, as she had never been on a motorcycle and works great. 

We are self employed, receiving calls pays for stuff. But interestingly we seem to be able to disconnect for the time needed to enjoy a short(er) ride. We do look like teenagers and a stop checking the device, but that is during the working hours only. 

100% use with my pillion 

5% music at best (there are better places for this, IMO) usually only on the super slab. 

80% GPS usage. When I need to be somewhere, it’s priceless.

I’d probably use it in a group ride. But, lots of people talk too much. 

• 5 months later...
cheetahman023

Depending on how many people you plan on chatting with while riding, will determine which Cardo unit you should purchase.  I went with the Packtalk Bold.  I believe it can accommodate 15.  Everyone in our group has one.  For those using the hybrid microphone, their is an arrow on the mic make sure you point the arrow towards your mouth.  Otherwise, when you are talking everyone listening can barely hear you.  

fivepointnine

My wife and I use Sena 20s Evo's and we can talk to each other about a mile apart when riding, only gripe is her bike triggers her mic when she gets on it haha (her bike is super loud).

A buddy bought a pair of Cardo's for himself and another buddy. Neither of them can stand them. They don't tuck up tight to their helmets and the antenna pokes up. They both complain of earsplitting whistling as a result.