The MT-07 Forum

Duck flambé

rick

Anyone see this? http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/ducati-pangiale-v4-bursts-into-flames.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Motorcycle.com_new-content-unsold&utm_source=Motorcycle.com20180321

Gotta feel for this guy - his brand new V4 Ducati ablaze. Also have to give him kudos for taking the time to put the sidestand down before getting the heck out of harm's way. It's on fire and he's just not gonna let it hit the ground. Now that's pride in ownership. 

At least Ducati has already issued him a new one under warranty. Hopefully, for him and Ducati, they find out what caused it and get it fixed.

I did see that a few days ago. Seems still no word on what caused it. My first thoughts was maybe one of those new style batteries that like to explode sometimes, but I have no reason to really think that. Just popped in my head. 

• Global Moderator

I read somewhere that he had an aftermarket fuel cap that leaked, but I have no idea if that is true.  I suspect Ducati would not be so quick to replace the bike if that was the cause.  

Most of the back half of the tank stayed un-toatsed. Gotta be a fuel leak from underneath. 

And yeah, there was no question from Ducati and that's saying something. I have a friend who's Panigale spent nearly an entire season at the dealer waiting for permission from Ducati to replace the dead ECU under warranty. Talk about born under a bad sign. The mechanic crashed it on a test ride after another recall - the dealership's insurance got a work-out that day. 

Lots of heat generated by 214 HP - and it's pretty crowded under the tank on that bike. If a Li battery caught fire and took out a fuel line, Ducati will have a serious problem as there's not likely room for a std. AGM battery. 

And this was in Canada where the weather can't possibly be hot yet. 

HARRY BALZAK

Looks like he over filled his turn signal fluid and boom. Not to worry though a little Honda polish and elbow grease and that oughta buff right out.

11 hours ago, rick said:

Anyone see this? http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/ducati-pangiale-v4-bursts-into-flames.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Motorcycle.com_new-content-unsold&utm_source=Motorcycle.com20180321

Gotta feel for this guy - his brand new V4 Ducati ablaze. Also have to give him kudos for taking the time to put the sidestand down before getting the heck out of harm's way. It's on fire and he's just not gonna let it hit the ground. Now that's pride in ownership. 

At least Ducati has already issued him a new one under warranty. Hopefully, for him and Ducati, they find out what caused it and get it fixed.

I saw tha too, Ducati got him a replacement the same day I understand

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived