The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 vs FZ09 vs FZ10

faffi

A bit surprising outcome. I went straight to the riding bits of the video, but there are useful info the be had with all the talking up front also if you have the patience.

Pretty good revue, even though I can see the camera and cue cards in his Woodies glasses, ha! If I road fast most of the time I could see where an 09 or 10 would be the bike of choice but since I mostly ride more semi casual the 07 is the best choice for me while providing comfort, good gas mileage and the same capability to wheelie at a lesser price. If I were the type of guy that wants to have the fastest bike on the road I would be disappointed with the 07 but instead I try and be happy in knowing this bike has the capability to smoke just about any production car from 0-60 and that's enough for me. 3 years owning mine and it still thrills.

Beemer

Lets compare a
Bicycle vs a motorcycle vs a car

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

HARRY BALZAK

I owned an FZ09 for two years and 12K miles, sold it and bought the FZ10 when it came out and currently have 8K miles on it, and about 3 weeks ago I bought one of my riding buddies' used FZ07. I can agree with the majority of that video, although I didn't think the FZ09 was all that violent of a bike it just took a little more throttle control in first gear, but other than that it wasn't bad. The FZ10 does make a great SPORT touring bike with the exception of the terrible fuel range. I took it on a 2000 mile trip last summer for the FZ1 forum board rally and it handled well. My biggest gripe is the fuel cut off at closed throttle, especially in B mode, which is the most aggressive mode (I think that's right I don't know why Yamaha changed that from FZ09 to FZ10). I have a hard time picking a favorite between the FZ10 and FZ07. I think for most of my riding I would favor the FZ07, but it's hard to beat cruise control and that extra power on the open road.

• Premium Member

as an owner of both the FZ-07 and a FJ-09... I find the little -07 perfect for city area riding... the FJ-09 is just a swiss army knife, good all around and no problems chasing down litter bikes unless you need more than 150mph...

to me the FZ-10 is not that impressive on paper when the little FJ/FZ-09 can belt out 120whp with pipe/tune and a stock FZ-10 does 130whp for a heavier/bigger bike...  

HINT: adjust the APS on the FZ/FJ-09 motors to calm the throttle sensitivity down 😉... they seem to be set at "17" and majority of FJ-09 owners reset the value to "13" 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

topazsparrow
20 hours ago, norcal616 said:

as an owner of both the FZ-07 and a FJ-09... I find the little -07 perfect for city area riding... the FJ-09 is just a swiss army knife, good all around and no problems chasing down litter bikes unless you need more than 150mph...

to me the FZ-10 is not that impressive on paper when the little FJ/FZ-09 can belt out 120whp with pipe/tune and a stock FZ-10 does 130whp for a heavier/bigger bike...  

HINT: adjust the APS on the FZ/FJ-09 motors to calm the throttle sensitivity down 😉... they seem to be set at "17" and majority of FJ-09 owners reset the value to "13" 

It's the laggy throttle response that get's me on my FJ-09. It's just no fun! Gotta get that cable throttle PUNCH from my 07 :D mmmmm BRAP!

FJ-09 is smooth and fast. wwwwwwWWOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHhhhhh.

FZ-07 is a kick in the ass. WHHAMMMieeeee

Archived