The MT-07 Forum

Proper off-road training

faffi

1 hour ago, faffi said:

Or why you need not fear the UK motorcycle army division :D 

LMAO! Great title. 

Those poor fellas. Dilapidated old bike with no tires and a peaky two stroke engine...they never stood a chance lol

Those instructors were hardcore, yelling at you to come here while you're sliding down a hill and away from them.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Poor old #5. 😂

Not that I'd do any better.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

A wierd mix of 2 and 4 strokes and obviously from the early 70's.

And that. boys and girls, is a fantastic demonstration of why you get off you bum and load your footpegs if you want control.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Brings me back to the good ol days when suspension was 3 inches and balls 20lbs

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I watched the rest of the videos on youtube, the video was same time that I was going thru US Army basic training, November 1986 thru Feb 1987. Tey even took off for xmas same time we got leave for xmas. I would have rather been on motorcycles than basic training during that time frame. 

Some of the stuf they were doing on bikes was kind of silly, like 8 guys hanging off the sides of a bike. Riding backwards. Wouldn't help much in combat.  But, in the end they get to serve their country while riding motorcycles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those poor bastards. Watching that one guy fly off into the creek bed made my night, though.

The military can (and will) take anything that could even be remotely considered fun and make it absolutely miserable. Apparently dirtbiking is no exception...

I remember in the 70's that the eastern block countries had off road riders in the military good enough to do well in the International 6 day trials. There were some pretty good dam riders amongst them. If the war was fought on motorcycles against the west, they would have won.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived