The MT-07 Forum

Need help with bar sliders

Soupahands

Hey guys, only been riding for a year now and just got a 2015 FZ07 used. I bought some new bar sliders and am having some trouble and don't quite know what to do. 

http://imgur.com/a/ecRgm

I've uploaded a few pictures, one side is completely empty and the other has some other sort of threading. I'm not sure what to do or to look for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

AlbatrossCafe

I assume you took off your old bar ends to take these pictures. I haven't had my OEM ends in for about 24k miles so I can't remember, but weren't those anchored in via an allen bolt?

Maybe this an aftermarket bar, can you take a pic of the bar itself? (although aftermarket bars should also have threaded ends)

I think the bar is OEM and there was only one bar end installed on the side with the threading. Idk if the bar end was OEM, it's just all black. But the other side doesn't have any threading at all 

The stock bars have threads on both ends. The threaded portions are separate pieces of metal that are slipped in to the bars and welded in place. If one end of your bar is missing the threaded insert then someone must have removed it for some reason. Very odd. Or it was seized to the stock bar end and snapped off the weld when someone tried to remove it. 

Archived