The MT-07 Forum

Best windscreen?

Max S

I am trying to find a windscreen that does not destroy the looks of my fz07 keeping it cool looking while giving me decent wind protection on the highway. The three candidates I am trying to decide on are:

Givi - https://goo.gl/c1WBPD

MRA Double Bubble - https://goo.gl/gDcunL

National Cycle VStream Sport -  https://goo.gl/BmxhSz

dart manta - https://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/yamaha-fz07-mt07-flyscreen?variant=5012075970587

I am 5'11" (179cm). What is your experience with these (or other brands you would recommend)?

Edited by Max S
typo

I have the Dart Manta.  I think that it looks good and is very well made.  It definitely makes a big difference for wind.  I get it just at the top of shoulders and helmet sitting full upright.  I can tuck down and get below all wind if needed.  I'm same height as you and wear 32inch inseam pants, so if your inseam is longer,then the air will hit higher and vice versa.

FZ07R WaNaB
4 hours ago, Max S said:

I am trying to find a windscreen that does not destroy the looks of my fz07 keeping it cool looking while giving me decent wind protection on the highway.

I first had the Givi, and it is IMHO the best looking for for the FZ, but..... it doesn't work worth a crap on anything resembling a long trip.

My #2 choice when I bought the Givi was the Dart Manta. It sorta looked cool, and it appeared that it would block wind better. I was right as I rode 702 miles in 1.5 days with the Dart, and all was good!

IMG_1301 (480x640).jpg

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 1

I used to have the tall one of ermax. The looks are not very good but the wind protection was excellent. After it broke in a collision that I suffered, I wanted something better looking and got the Dart Manta. After the first highway trip I removed it as I found my self getting too much air on the helmet. I currently have the touring windscreen from Puig and I'm quite happy. I like the looks/wind protection combo more than the other two that I tried. I'm 169 cm.

I like my Ermax windscreen because it isn't so tall it looks like a cruisers windscreen, it's only 39 cm so I think still it retains it's sporty look. Granted, it doesn't block wind to the head sitting straight up, just the chest but that's where wind affects you the most so I'm usually pretty comfortable at highway speeds. Riding a motorcycle you have to expect some feel of wind. Plus, they come in different colors which is cool. I've received a lot of compliments with the satin blue one I chose.

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/MT-07(FZ-7)/nose_screen_MT_07-FZ_7_2014-2017.html?egap=article&ida=4805

GL!

IMG_0738.JPG

Beemer

I have the Puig Touring and it works well and doesn't look bad.

Edited by stevebtx12
Added model

I have the VStream. It's ugly but it works. Compromise for comfort over style. Its clear. I try to keep it clean so it doesn't show up as much. I guess it is more aerodynamically efficient than no windshield.

Edited by farble

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:16 AM, Beemer said:

I like my Ermax windscreen because it isn't so tall it looks like a cruisers windscreen, it's only 39 cm so I think still it retains it's sporty look. Granted, it doesn't block wind to the head sitting straight up, just the chest but that's where wind affects you the most so I'm usually pretty comfortable at highway speeds. Riding a motorcycle you have to expect some feel of wind. Plus, they come in different colors which is cool. I've received a lot of compliments with the satin blue one I chose.

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/MT-07(FZ-7)/nose_screen_MT_07-FZ_7_2014-2017.html?egap=article&ida=4805

GL!

IMG_0738.JPG

I have this style Ermax too. I have the same color except I got the shorter version. I think it goes with the lines of the bike the best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I agree but I took mine off awhile back, I wanted it to look like a street fighter again.

That is why I chose the shorter one. Obviously it doesn't work as good but, I simply wanted something to take a bit of wind off of coming of the front. When I live in Ohio and it was super cold out, I often just wanted at least a little bit of space that wasn't being blasted. At 70mph it covers up to the middle of my chest when sitting up, I'm 6'3".

0514181631.jpg

• Like 1

I have the Puig Sport and it doesn’t do much for wind unless I lay on the tank. I am 6’2” so I have that working against me. I do like the look of it however. I think the bike needs something on the nose. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:40 PM, Bountiful said:

I was wondering the same thing at first glance but it's probably just the handguards looking like it's part of the tank.

I agree that the dart does look great. Personally, i only like the profile though. The way it looks, head on, is a little odd to me. Maybe it's because of the mounting spots on the sides not really continuing the shape of the headlight. It is definitely one of my top choices if i do ever get around to buying a windscreen.

@FZ07R WaNaB, what kind of hand guards are those? And do those have two mounting points or just bar ends? I'm looking to get some hand protection from the early morning commute to work. I couldn't feel my fingertips this morning when i got to work. 😅

Edited by _jdirty

1 hour ago, _jdirty said:

I was wondering the same thing at first glance but it's probably just the handguards looking like it's part of the tank.

Lol how did I not see that before!? It’s so obvious 🤦‍♂️😂

im getting the dart manta in the mail this week and will be posting my thoughts. 

• Haha 1