The MT-07 Forum

Best Windscreen that doesn't destroy the looks? - VStream vs MRA double-bubble vs Givi

Max S

I am trying to find a windscreen that does not destroy the looks of fz07 keeping it cool looking while giving me decent wind protection on highway. The three candidates I am trying to decide on are:

Givi - https://goo.gl/c1WBPD

MRA Double Bubble - https://goo.gl/gDcunL

National Cycle VStream Sport -  https://goo.gl/BmxhSz

dart manta - https://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/yamaha-fz07-mt07-flyscreen?variant=5012075970587

I am 5'11" (179cm). What is your experience with these (or other brands you would recommend)?

On 15/03/2018 at 4:18 PM, Max S said:

I am trying to find a windscreen that does not destroy the looks of fz07 keeping it cool looking while giving me decent wind protection on highway

No such thing exists in my opinion.

All the screens that offer decent wind protection change the look of the standard bike significantly.

I have the Puig touring screen, much better protection and can live without the bike needing to look cool.

chademinent

My Money is on Ermax.  I have the medium size and love it!  I tour with it and it works excellent, I had the Puig screen of the same size and this flows air up and around me way better.  @motomachines is a dealer for Ermax and I know they have a forum discount as well.

IMG_20171028_115859_422.thumb.jpg.0793daf6aaec024693de404d068ee889.jpg

michigan400

My opinion is if it blocks wind, it won't look right. If it looks good and fits the style of the bike, it won't block wind.

FWIW I have a Givi screen. Used it for about a week and didn't notice much difference in wind so I took it off. To me it made the wind noise in my helmet worse but that is probably more my cheap helmets fault than the windscreen. Will probably just get a Yamaha front cowl this spring. That is the best looking one in my opinion. It's just way overpriced for what it is so I have not quite talked myself into getting one yet.

I think it just looks wrong at the ignition switch area without something there so I have the Givi. It blocks wind from the chest at 60 MPH and up and looks great to me.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Beemer said:

My Ermax does what I wanted it to, keep a lot of wind blast off my chest.

IMG_0739.JPG

What size Ermax is that @Beemer, and what levers do you have on there?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

Thanks for the links, How do you find the levers? I mean they look well made from what I can see. Do you get to start the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled?

17 hours ago, fzar said:

Thanks for the links, How do you find the levers? I mean they look well made from what I can see. Do you get to start the bike in gear with the clutch lever pulled?

I start mine in first all the time to avoid hearing the clunk from going into 1st from neutral after it's started. If you've never shifted with two fingers before you will find it a little awkward for a short time but you will get used to it eventually. I'm curious as to what color bike you have.

Beemer

1 hour ago, sniperelite said:

I have a GIVI, imo all these windscreens destroy te look. I just put it on when it's winter!

I felt the same way before I bought mine and like you, I was forced to get a windscreen out of necessity. Not because of winter but because of huge clouds of gnats plastering everything I wore. It was disgusting.

I slowly grew accustomed to the windscreen and liked how the color of it matched other parts of my bike and it did help with the terrible wind blast here on the coast so I just leave mine on all the time. I've had a fair amount of compliments on it, before and after the windscreen so I don't give the screen much thought any more.. 

Beemer

After looking at pictures for quite awhile trying to decide on the best looking windscreen, I ended up with the Puig sport. 

It definitely doesn't look as cool as having no windscreen, but I felt that the aggressive angles of the Puig fit the bike best and detracts the least for a windscreen that actually offers some wind protection. I was also eyeing some of the small eBay screens as they look great, but they appear to offer no protection whatsoever.

I've found that it's helped with wind blast below 65 mph and allowed me to ride for longer with less neck strain, but if you want to move quickly on the highway it's as good as useless. 

20180204_125932-2016x1134.jpg

The biggest difference for me was buying a good quality helmet. That helped me a lot with the wind and strain on my neck. I don’t know if you’ve thought of that or already have a decent helmet. 

topazsparrow
20 minutes ago, Xom said:

I'm sure not the cheapest but what do people think about the new MT-07 sport screen from Yam?

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-07.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=B4C-F83J0-00-00&year=2018

looks a lot like the one on the FJ-09 but smaller.

I don't honestly like any of the screens that come up higher than the handlebars. Unless you get something big and ugly, they don't really much of anything anyway.

• Premium Member
On 3/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, Beemer said:

I start mine in first all the time to avoid hearing the clunk from going into 1st from neutral after it's started. If you've never shifted with two fingers before you will find it a little awkward for a short time but you will get used to it eventually. I'm curious as to what color bike you have.

What I was getting at was, @Beemer with the new clutch lever is it a direct swap, and does it plugs into the electronic thing that allows the bike to start in gear with the lever pulled? I own a 2015 liquid-Graphite and burple FZ-07

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, fzar said:

What I was getting at was, @Beemer with the new clutch lever is it a direct swap, and does it plugs into the electronic thing that allows the bike to start in gear with the lever pulled? I own a 2015 liquid-Graphite and burple FZ-07

the "electronic thing" is part of the the handlebar mounted base for the lever which is not replaced. So as long as the aftermarket lever can push/release the base mounted switch as it's squeezed and released it works just as the factory lever does. I hope this helps. 😃

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

11 hours ago, DewMan said:

the "electronic thing" is part of the the handlebar mounted base for the lever which is not replaced. So as long as the aftermarket lever can push/release the base mounted switch as it's squeezed and released it works just as the factory lever does. I hope this helps. 😃

^^^ What he said. It's just like the factory lever and it goes on easy. No problems with it either after three years of use.

Beemer

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I have the metal one right now but I think I may switch to the Puig Sport.

e60cf082bc479b9c2e724f50db7b2f6e.png

• 1 month later...

I got the MRA, it installed very easily and looks good (in my opinion). I put a extra rubber washer under the top fastening screws to lift it slightly higher, it cut down on the wind hitting my chest.

DSC_0704.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/7/2018 at 10:45 PM, Randucci said:

I got the MRA, it installed very easily and looks good (in my opinion). I put a extra rubber washer under the top fastening screws to lift it slightly higher, it cut down on the wind hitting my chest.

Is this the double bubble by MRA?

11 hours ago, fzar said:

Is this the double bubble by MRA?

Yes, it is the double bubble in the grey color. It works well for me.

DSC_0697.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Archived