The MT-07 Forum

Ixil SX1 full exhaust????

Bigturbomax

Bigturbomax

anybody got one of these??? im diggin the style, price isnt terrible. seems to have a good sound from what little i can find online. im still tempted to go for the carb comliant yoshi exhaust, but torn. thoughts on this?

http://www.ixilusa.com/ixil-super-xtreme-sx1-full-exhaust-yamaha-fz07-2014-2015/#.WqmjXGrwbIU

• Premium Member

Ixil is bad for the FZ-07 health...performs worse than stock setup 😬... 

go with the Yoshi...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

topazsparrow
13 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

Ixil is bad for the FZ-07 health...performs worse than stock setup 😬... 

Have a source on that?

I fail to see how any aftermarket exhaust can be worse than stock provided it's tuned...

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Have a source on that?

I fail to see how any aftermarket exhaust can be worse than stock provided it's tuned...

Yea... before photobucket went bad, I seen the dyno graph posted by 2wdw... I was like 5hp less than stock ... I had the LeoVince underbody "lunchbox" sryle exhaust prior to last summer when I went the Yoshi/Hordpower route... I originally was looking into the same exhaust as OP but as soon as I saw the dyno graph, I went the LeoVince route...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Bigturbomax

It was the hyperlow or L3x ixil exhaust that lost power i believe. That one looks like poo as well IMO. The SX1 is completely different and has an actual muffler case under the oil pan. Seems to get good reviews on other bikes.

images.jpeg

SX1-1__43603_1419190077_1280_1280.jpg

ixil-sx1-full-system-exhaust-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07.jpg

Rossi Endorses it

;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Bigturbomax

have you had it long? hows the finish/carbon fiber holding up? i have so many questions lol! pics? video? and what vendor did you go with?

17 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

have you had it long? hows the finish/carbon fiber holding up? i have so many questions lol! pics? video? and what vendor did you go with?

I bought from Ixil USA January 2017. The sound without the baffle installed is deep and throaty. It gets everyone's attention when I blip the throttle. It has held up incredibly well.

IMG_101.jpg

IMG_102.jpg

Bigturbomax

Thanks so much for sharing your pics and giving your impressions on it. I just got a deal on a used EJK from a fellow forum member and hope to replace stock exhaust in the near future. For now itll be modded snorkel and EJK for a little more pep.

• Premium Member
On 3/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, pma said:

I bought from Ixil USA January 2017. The sound without the baffle installed is deep and throaty. It gets everyone's attention when I blip the throttle. It has held up incredibly well.

IMG_101.jpg

IMG_102.jpg

What rear-sets are those?

14 hours ago, fzar said:

What rear-sets are those?

Valter Moto model 2.5. I just wanted something different that had folding pegs. The hydraulic switch works flawlessly, but it came with the wrong plug end so I had to hard wire in place. I ended up really liking not having the return spring. 

Archived