The MT-07 Forum

Rearset recommendation?

phanomenal07

• Global Moderator

Are you looking for something adjustable, better looking, better constructed or some combination of those?  That may make a difference in recommendations.  There is also a large difference in cost between the cheap Chinese knock offs and brand name parts so how much you want to spend would also be helpful.  

phanomenal07

Something that add a more aggressive foot position. 400 dollar limit. Definitely a quality product

• Premium Member

I'm very happy with my Woodcraft rear sets.  Have had them for 8,000 miles with no problems.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

phanomenal07

I ended up buying the woodcraft.

should be here Monday and I’ll install them as soon as possible. I’m a little confused on where I’m suppose to put grease per the instruction but I hope I figure it out.

30 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

should be here Monday and I’ll install them as soon as possible. I’m a little confused on where I’m suppose to put grease per the instruction but I hope I figure it out.

All over the foot rest of course! 

• Premium Member
cornerslider
On 3/14/2018 at 5:59 PM, blackout said:

I'm very happy with my Woodcraft rear sets.  Have had them for 8,000 miles with no problems.

Don't go for ANYTHING other other than genuine Woodcraft.... Worth every penny, and then some-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Woodcraft usually makes exemplry stuff. Ther foot assemblies were my set of choice for my race bikes. Strong, light and reliable.

Not convinced the 07 clipons are up to their standard of thought though, as they are so heavy ( the machined centrepiece).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

It's too bad the Woodcraft rearsets don't come in any color other than Anodized silver.  I'd prefer black. I appreciate that they can use the stock brake light switch but I'm not a fan of using the OEM heal guard only on the brake side. I'd much prefer it match the shifter side's style of integrated heal guard.

I'm also not a fan of the lack of adjustability of the pedal tip on the Woodcraft rearsets, not that they're alone in this lack of adjustment. Some other brands offer much more adjustability in that area to allow the shifter to fall in just the right place on your foot and your toes to the brake lever. The Sato Racing rearsets as mentioned above by @wrxer, have IMO better adjustability and color choices but don't offer OEM brake light switch usage. And then there's the price of the Sato rearsets as well. For that price I'd expect an included brake light switch solution even if it's only a banjo bolt type switch.

I'll continue with the factory peg/pedal setup until I find a solution that ticks all my checklist boxes. Best of luck to the OP choosing a solution that they're happy with. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

phanomenal07

I just went with woodcraft rearsets. I also wanted black but the color wasn’t a big deal. As far as the head guard go I don’t think you actually need to use it but then you’ll have an expose master cylinder. 

20 hours ago, DewMan said:

The Sato Racing rearsets as mentioned above by @wrxer, have IMO better adjustability and color choices but don't offer OEM brake light switch usage.

The text says it is compatible with stock brake switch🤔

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, wrxer said:

The text says it is compatible with stock brake switch1f914.png

Really? Nice. I'll need to go back and check again. Thanks wrxer

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I upgraded to riding boots over riding shoes (mostly for protection) and I need to change (moved them lower) my rear sets since my boots are thicker in the sole compared to my shoes. Im looking for one thats more adjsutable than anything else. I have the woodcraft clipon adapter that I like too so Im more forward on the bike if that helps any. (I feel I want to move my rear sets further back as well and I have a long legs and shorter torso) Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, phanomenal07 said:

How do you like them? Significant improvement over stock or could you have lived without them?

1 hour ago, ChuVids said:

How do you like them? Significant improvement over stock or could you have lived without them?

They are a lot better then the stock if You put them as far back and as far up as they allow. Turning feels better. However you’ll feel more vibration. Longer rides become more cumbersome and your feet may get numb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, bellissimoto said:

Gilles Tooling hands down as far as precision goes...

:)

- Paul

Not like you Paul to not put a link with the comment.!!

Archived