The MT-07 Forum

2017 parts on a 2018

Blumski33

I'm looking to get a 2018 MT-07 once released in my area. Does anyone know if parts (M4 exhaust or Woodcraft clipons for example) from a 2017 FZ-07 will work on a 2018 MT-07? 

• Global Moderator

The exhaust should not be a problem as I do not see any changes there, or at the forks either.  It looks like all the changes are the tank plastics, seat and trail light.  I guess we will not know for sure until the new model his the showroom floor though. 

I agree, everything i read does seem to point to the fact that previous years parts will work, just wanted to make sure before i start piling up the wishlist. Even the Yamaha official site doesnt have parts and accessories listed for it yet. 

I copied this from Cycle Worlds article on the 2018 FZ-07.

"Yamaha also updated the bodywork from nose to tail. It takes a keen eye to notice the differences, but I find the lines simpler and more attractive. Plus, moving the tank cover forward 10mm makes the rider and passenger seats slightly roomier."

It made me start to wonder just what body parts were changed.

The pipe and clip-ons should work. The engine and handlebars were untouched.

Beemer

The entire body is changed. We know the tank cover is all new. The seat is reshaped, so that means all new tail plastics. New headlight, so those surrounds are new. The front fender looks new, and of course, the new signals. 

I think the tail light , rear hugger and overflow bottle cover are the only plastics unechanged? Oh, and the sprocket cover :D

• Global Moderator

I do not think we can say the turn signals are new yet.  Yamaha often shows the European version in the photos and all the reviews were done in Spain.  I expect we will be stuck with the pumpkins, though I hope I am wrong.  

• Global Moderator
6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I think that the flux capacitor is different on the 2018

I heard that too.  The new one only needs 1.02 gigawatts, not 1.21 like the old one 😋.

22 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I think that the flux capacitor is different on the 2018

Yes, it now comes in Yamaha Blue and you go into La-la Land at 78 mph. vs. 88mph.

Beemer

I wouldn't mind putting the 2018 plastics and seat on my 2016 if that is possible. Haven't looked close enough at the pictures to see if it looks doable.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Ended up getting the 2017 model anyways, couldnt wait fir the dealer to get in an 18.

Archived