The MT-07 Forum

Clips on to fork tube?

phanomenal07

phanomenal07

So I was looking thru some clip ons, on revzilla and when reading the instruction for one it says the clip on are suppose to go on the fork tube. I don’t see how that is possible on our bikes. Do any of you guys run a set up like this? I wanted woodcraft clip ons but the gpr steering damper mount isnt compatible with them.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, phanomenal07 said:

So I was looking thru some clip ons, on revzilla and when reading the instruction for one it says the clip on are suppose to go on the fork tube. I don’t see how that is possible on our bikes. Do any of you guys run a set up like this? I wanted woodcraft clip ons but the gpr steering damper mount isnt compatible with them.

Mounted to the fork tubes they would be too low and interfere with the air scoops on the tank.  The guys that do run them have the FZ07R bodywork.  

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

You can get standard woodcraft clipons but you need the ones with risers and spacer. 

That is what we run on our bike. 

You also have to remove black fork covers between triples.

you could get some custom fork caps made that are about 40mm high so you can mount clipons above the triples... Something like Traxxion made for the 08 GSXR's.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 6 months later...
phanomenal07
On 3/11/2018 at 12:04 AM, twf said:

You can get standard woodcraft clipons but you need the ones with risers and spacer. 

That is what we run on our bike. 

You also have to remove black fork covers between triples.

Would you be able to send me a link to this?

phanomenal07
On 3/11/2018 at 12:30 AM, pattonme said:

you could get some custom fork caps made that are about 40mm high so you can mount clipons above the triples... Something like Traxxion made for the 08 GSXR's.

Any idea on who or where I could find them?

Archived