R1. Just noticed your post about Shorai under estimating the battery output needed and changing them.

They definitely did, in Australian site at least, change the recommended battery for both the Husky TR650 and the MT/FZ07. I bought EXACTLY the recommended batteries for the two bikes and had problems. Went back later and found the recommendations ahd been moved upwards. Got a new recommended rated battery and it has been good since. Wasn't so pissed off because the original rated battery is the correct rating for my GS500 update project.

On 3/15/2018 at 4:26 PM, gregjet said:

R1. Just noticed your post about Shorai under estimating the battery output needed and changing them.

They definitely did, in Australian site at least, change the recommended battery for both the Husky TR650 and the MT/FZ07. I bought EXACTLY the recommended batteries for the two bikes and had problems. Went back later and found the recommendations ahd been moved upwards. Got a new recommended rated battery and it has been good since. Wasn't so pissed off because the original rated battery is the correct rating for my GS500 update project.

A buddy of mine bought the one originally recommended for his ZRX1200 Kaw and it fell flat on its face wen it got cold out. Shorai sorta took it in trade and sold him the next bigger and even more expensive battery. The battery worked fine. Seems they way overestimated the cold start ability when they 1st came out.  

I have just bought a LiFePO4 dedicated charger made by Optimate. It seems to have saved one of the old Shorais that I have been struggleing with for a while ( the other battery had a stuffed cell which the new charger told me) and is doing a way better job of charging them. Very smart charger. So far seems to do a better job, by far, than the Shorai charger.

Optimate model TM478. I suspect the shorai charger was designed early in the evolution of the LFP batteries and the Optimate is a newer updated charge algorithym. I will report anything else I find but so far it is VERY good. This is the one I just got.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tecmate-Optimate-Lithium-LiFePO4-Battery-Charger-Tester-Maintainer-TM-478-/292117875382

Both my bikes and my car live 24/7 on Optimates when not on the road. they're a little pricey as this type of charger goes, but their made well (the newer ones are OK for outdoor use) and the electronics are really sophisticated. 

looks like we get a slightly different model number and yikes, a huge difference in price. https://www.amazon.com/OptiMATE-Lithium-TM-471-Battery-charger-tester-maintainer/dp/B00Y38X7WI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521292351&sr=8-4-fkmr1&keywords=Optimate+TM-478