The MT-07 Forum

New headlight

Max Colombié

Max Colombié

Hi everyone!

I'm currently looking to buy a good quality h4 headlight but not expensive (I live in Montreal, Canada). So far I found this led who has great reviews on amazon and on youtube! It's a two bulbs kit and I was wondering if one of you guys would want buy and share the kit with me?

https://www.amazon.ca/LED-EAGLE-DiamondVision-Snowmobile-Motorcycle/dp/B0799F7BJF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520358148&sr=8-1&keywords=eagle%2Bled%2Bh4&th=1

Also I would be interested if you had option for me that don't involve shipping from the US because it's really expensive uselly between the delivery and the import fees.

I'm not from Canada, so I can't help out there.  What I can say is that I have the Cyclops 7000 headlamp and am thrilled with it.  It may be more $ than you want to spend, but the customer service has been proven 100% solid time and time again on these forums.  It may be worth a little extra $ for piece of mind knowing that you'll be taken care of if something doesn't work.

Best of luck!

michigan400

If you just want a regular halogen bulb that is actually brighter,, order (or buy in store if you can find one) a premium Philips bulb from the "X-Treme vision" line. They will have right on the package either +60, +100 or +130.

The +100 or +130 will give you more light on the road and a better beam focus than any LED replacement bulb that I have tried. I purchased a 2 pack of the +100 bulbs for my FZ. Nice, noticeable improvement over the stock bulb. Instead of $10 for a cheapo "blue bulb", spend $25 and get the premium Philips.

Stay away from any other bulb that is heavily tinted blue on the glass no matter what the package claims. The X-treme vision +130 does use a very light blue tint but the +100 does not, except right out front and that is to cut down on stray light that would not hit your reflector anyway. Either one of those bulbs plus making sure your light is aimed correctly will give you the best improvement for your money.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, michigan400 said:

If you just want a regular halogen bulb that is actually brighter,, order (or buy in store if you can find one) a premium Philips bulb from the "X-Treme vision" line. They will have right on the package either +60, +100 or +130.

The +100 or +130 will give you more light on the road and a better beam focus than any LED replacement bulb that I have tried. I purchased a 2 pack of the +100 bulbs for my FZ. Nice, noticeable improvement over the stock bulb. Instead of $10 for a cheapo "blue bulb", spend $25 and get the premium Philips.

Stay away from any other bulb that is heavily tinted blue on the glass no matter what the package claims. The X-treme vision +130 does use a very light blue tint but the +100 does not, except right out front and that is to cut down on stray light that would not hit your reflector anyway. Either one of those bulbs plus making sure your light is aimed correctly will give you the best improvement for your money.

Im running the Philips X-treme vision bulb (+130) and it's a huge upgrade over the stock one.  Nice clean white light and proper beam pattern.  My headlight was aimed wayyy low from the factory/dealership too.  Once the bulb and beam alignment were set, I can see perfectly fine at night now.  All for $30 and I get a spare bulb.

• Like 1

michigan400

I used a LED bulb for a while but replaced it with the Philips. The LED low beam was great and a definite improvement. But the high beam was just a taller flood light with less distance than the stocker.

If you using low beam 99% of the time, like in the city, then a LED would be a good choice for seeing and visibilty to others. IMO they just do not have the distance needed for doing 55-60 down a dark road with any comfort or confidence. Plus my eyes are getting old so I do prefer the lower K on halogen bulbs. The LED's give me a bit of a headache for some reason.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, djfz07 said:

Im running the Philips X-treme vision bulb (+130) and it's a huge upgrade over the stock one.  Nice clean white light and proper beam pattern.  My headlight was aimed wayyy low from the factory/dealership too.  Once the bulb and beam alignment were set, I can see perfectly fine at night now.  All for $30 and I get a spare bulb.

Holy crap, they cost $70-80 here in australia. each. Not fair hahaha

"Plus my eyes are getting old so I do prefer the lower K on halogen bulbs."

Funny you should say that. I am the opposite. I find ALL incandscents too muddy. In Fact the red instrument panel on my Subaru is close to unreadable at night.

I have the new Phillips ( now Lumiled) LED bulbs on the 07 and it is better for me than the QI's. Still want a spot though. I live out of town and travel on about 8Km of hiway without lighting ( complete with kangaroos, foxes and other nocternal speed bumps).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Max Colombié

Thx for the input guys! In the meantime I found someone to try those LED eagle bulbs and dam they are good!

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, Max Colombié said:

Thx for the input guys! In the meantime I found someone to try those LED eagle bulbs and dam they are good!

Did you install the eagle lights in the end or u used the Philips +100 or +130?

8 hours ago, Max Colombié said:

How are you finding it? Does it come in pack of 2 or just the one. Wondering how often these things are changed/replaced?

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2018 at 2:29 PM, michigan400 said:

The X-treme vision +130 does use a very light blue tint but the +100 does not, except right out front and that is to cut down on stray light that would not hit your reflector anyway. 

I just tried the +130, and it is huge improvement over stock. Thanks!

• Like 1

longrider1951

+1 on the Cyclops. The best I've seen. Spend your money once and do it right. My Grandfather thought me 60 years ago "A poor man can't afford cheap things". It's served me well in my decisions.

Edited by longrider1951
  • Like 1