The MT-07 Forum

Just joining the community

TheRedEagle

TheRedEagle

Hey all, I just wanted to say hello! I just picked up my new ride! I got a 2017 FZ-07 in the Glacier Blue color and I couldn't be more excited. I have been looking forward to getting this bike for a long time. I'm excited about how customizable this bike is and the many ways to make it unique to me. 

Unfortunately, the weather has been cold and dreary when I'm with my bike on the weekends (I go to school 2 1/2 hours away), so I haven't had much time on the bike. 

So far I have one question for you all, dos anybody know where I can get a backrest for the rear seat? I want to add that to my bike so that my girlfriend can ride more comfortably.

Also, here is my new beauty, I was surprised to see how much better the blue looked in person. I wasn't sold on the blue from the pictures online, but in person she is beautiful. 

lXWSFPA.jpg 

TheRedEagle
5 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I know Corbin has a seat with a backrest available.   They are rather expensive though. 

http://corbin.com/yamaha/yfz714gl.shtml

Yea, I found those, but it looks like they are $250 for just the back rest. I don't think that you can buy just the backrest either, so I dont think its worth that much lol.

Like @mjh937said, I don't know of any factory made ones either except for Corbin, who makes one that goes with their Gunfighter plus Lady seat.  It's a bit pricy though - the seat's around $450 and rhe backrest is around $250 more.

You could get a luggage rack and a trunk and attach a pad to that (some come with a back rest).  I believe Shad makes a nice one that fits.

Or, you can fab one or have it fabbed to attach like the luggage racks do.  If you do that, a lot of people will be interested in it.

Welcome to the forum.  It's one of the best bike forums I've been on.   And congrats on the bike.  I really like the blue.

Archived