The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 2017

AshesInAmador

AshesInAmador

My Name is Ash bought my FZ-07 last summer love it, still feels so different from my R6. Looking forward to hearing about best experiences, parts, and accessories from other riders.

F42739AF-3162-4904-8ADC-FB92088EE079.jpeg

Welcome! Bike looks great, Good choice on the hyper silver! As far as mods go I’ve done the R6 throttle tube, motodynamic fender elimator and currently have my ECU in the mail to be tuned for my new Yosumira exhaust. The first thing I did was take those ugly stickers off near the tank, I feel as they are an eye sore and detract from the clean lines of the FZ07. 

AshesInAmador

Nice mods thanks for sharing! Definitely considering sticker removal not my fave, fender eliminator was also key. I have the Two Brothers Full Exhaust Aluminum S1r Black-series and love it, also makes it sound like a beast. 

• Premium Member

welcome fellow californian

As far as handlebars (your other post), I'm running some rizoma handlebars and like them very much (they're a little more aggressive, I think I paid around $60 for them).

AshesInAmador

I was so happy to get my fender eliminator kit done, it was killing me. Great choice on the ECU flash and suspension. I haven’t done much aside from the exhaust, elimimator, and lights so far, but have a long list. Hoping to gain some insight here so thank you for sharing! 

• Global Moderator

I second the ECU flash, it is my favorite mod.  I cannot comment on suspension yet as I just installed a Nitron shock and there has been snow on the road ever since.  Matris forks from @pattonme (who I also bought my shock from) are my next upgrade, then I think I am done (like you can ever be done...I keep finding cool mods). 

AshesInAmador

Agreed it is never ending. With my R6 it was already modified, so starting with stock is kind of fun. Just learning as I go with this one, never done a lot of work myself or really much research until I bought this bike so it all feels a bit new.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AshesInAmador said:

Thank you I will definitely check them out! Do you still have the stock mirrors or did you switch up?

I'm still on the stockers. I just never found mirrors I liked that much more than the stockers.
I'm mostly done with upgrades for now. I just need some new tires and I gotta toss on my tank grips on at some point.

...but I do daydream about what I should upgrade next every single day.... 😁

Here's my list, and I am officially done! Any more than this, and I'll get a new bike like the KTM 790 Duke

2WDW Flash

MWR air filter

R6 throttle tube

Bitubo XZE11 shock

Bitubo JBH fork cartridges

Michelin PR4 tires

Evotech radiator guard

Shogun frame sliders

OES axle sliders

Mad Hornets levers

Dart Manta windscreen

Barkbuster Storm hand guards

Mirror extenders

Blindspot mirrors

Osram Night Racer light bulb

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

IMG_1301 (480x640).jpg

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Here's my list, and I am officially done! Any more than this, and I'll get a new bike like the KTM 790 Duke

Riiiiiiiiiight..... keep telling yourself that. 😆

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

My FZ after the MOds

Oh wait not really :)

me.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

AshesInAmador
On 2/25/2018 at 9:41 PM, i28 said:

I'm still on the stockers. I just never found mirrors I liked that much more than the stockers.
I'm mostly done with upgrades for now. I just need some new tires and I gotta toss on my tank grips on at some point.

...but I do daydream about what I should upgrade next every single day.... 1f601.png

On 2/25/2018 at 9:41 PM, i28 said:

...but I do daydream about what I should upgrade next every single day.... 1f601.png

I’m still rocking the stocks as well I had bar end mirrors for awhile on my R6 for a bit and wasn’t sold on them, but also not thrilled with how high the mirrors are on my FZ 07. When I find the right ones I will switch. Good luck with not buying more upgrades 😄 that will be tough.

AshesInAmador
On 2/26/2018 at 3:54 AM, FZ07R WaNaB said:

2WDW Flash

MWR air filter

R6 throttle tube

Bitubo XZE11 shock

Bitubo JBH fork cartridges

Michelin PR4 tires

Evotech radiator guard

Shogun frame sliders

OES axle sliders

Mad Hornets levers

Dart Manta windscreen

Barkbuster Storm hand guards

Mirror extenders

Blindspot mirrors

Osram Night Racer light bulb

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

IMG_1301 (480x640).jpg

Bike looks great I really like the windscreen and choice of blue. You have done a lot to your bike what’s you favorite upgrade so far?

AshesInAmador
On 2/25/2018 at 6:32 PM, mjh937 said:

I second the ECU flash, it is my favorite mod.  I cannot comment on suspension yet as I just installed a Nitron shock and there has been snow on the road ever since.  Matris forks from @pattonme (who I also bought my shock from) are my next upgrade, then I think I am done (like you can ever be done...I keep finding cool mods). 

It will be cool to hear what you think of the Nitron shocks, hope the snow lets up soon for you, one of the reasons I love living here in Cali I was in Oregon before and can say it’s great to have more than three months of good riding weather.

FZ07R WaNaB
25 minutes ago, AshesInAmador said:

Bike looks great I really like the windscreen and choice of blue. You have done a lot to your bike what’s you favorite upgrade so far?

Actually it's the combination of the flash and the R6 throttle tube. It transformed the bike into a completely different motorcycle.

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, AshesInAmador said:

It will be cool to hear what you think of the Nitron shocks, hope the snow lets up soon for you, one of the reasons I love living here in Cali I was in Oregon before and can say it’s great to have more than three months of good riding weather.

It looks like we might get riding weather tomorrow.  My fingers are crossed.  

AshesInAmador
On 3/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, chademinent said:

Welcome to the club!  possibilities are limitless to customize your bike!  I'm going on my 3rd riding season on the FZ and I'm still working on it!  Happy Riding

IMG_20171028_115859_421.thumb.jpg.1564e4d35904864168b57f8d0540ee21.jpg

Thank you bike looks amazing!!

AshesInAmador
On 3/5/2018 at 6:03 AM, chademinent said:

Thanks!  It changes color every year or so.  So that keeps it looking fresh.  Wish I could be riding, but there is still snow on the ground up here.

Do you paint yourself or send it out to a shop? Had my R6 custom painted but that was up in Portland OR when I lived there. Hang in there hopefully some good weather is around the corner. It’s been a weird winter here every time I put my bike away it gets nice again. 

Archived