The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Demo Ride At BBB

arrider

Ok, every motorcycle magazine I get has raved about the FZ-07.  So I needed to ride one and find out for myself what all this talk is about.  

This past weekend was the Bikes, Blues, & Barbeque rally in Fayetteville Arkansas so I was doing my normal demo rides to try out new bikes.  The brands demoing are Harley, Indian, Victory and Yamaha.  The bike I was most looking forward to riding was the FZ-07 so I started with that bike. Unlike the other brands, Yamaha actually takes a 30 minute ride through some cool back roads with some good turns and switchbacks and finishes with about a 7 mile highway stretch.  So I couldn't wait to get on this bike and try it out!  Well...I was not disappointed.  It didn't take long to figure out what all the fuss is about!  Nimble, smooth power, great brakes, and just loads of fun!!  It was without a doubt the best bike I demo'd all weekend.  

So I had to find a forum and read more about the bike so that is what lead me here.  I did see the poll on age and it appears I may be a bit old for the bike.  Am 55 but I did vote so moved us up to 7!  I have been riding dirt bikes all my life and like the classics for the street. Because of my dirt background I like the up right riding position and feet under me.  Can't stand to be all stretched out. Anyway I ride the Triumph Classics (bonneville and scrambler) along with some old CL and CB Hondas from back in the day.  I just like the looks and feel of the classics.  Although the FZ-07 doesn't have the old school classic look the riding position was perfect.  Am 6' tall and felt very comfortable on the bike but again was only 30 minutes.  My riding is the back roads and mountain roads here in Arkansas for 30 minutes to 3 hours or so.  Don't ride the highways and only ride one up.  My wife doesn't ride so I don't have to always be looking for a good two up bike.  
Am sure there are things that need changed/upgraded but out the door the bike is awesome. The FZ-07 truly is a great bike and tremendous value for under $7000.

• Premium Member

I had a 76 CB550 before I upgraded to the FZ-07. The CB is a great bike, but it's really hard to beat what you get with the 07 for the price.

Glad you enjoyed it and welcome to the forums.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome arrider! Don't worry about being a bit too old for this bike. The FZ07 and FZ09 are time machines! I, too, fell in love on a demo ride I took; hope you decide to get one.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

I am 49 and I do not feel too old for the bike. Of course I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I am 58, and like it (I have the faster one, in red :) ). The cruisers are heavy, this one is a breeze. Just try not to exercise your right wrist too much ...
Marco
Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

Archived