The MT-07 Forum

Something everyone should consider..

Cruizin

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'm going to a suspension clinic and set up this weekend to get some advice. It's a free clinic and question/answer thing, then 30 bucks for them to work on your bike to set it up for you. I think it'll be money well spent. I'm going to ask them a ton of questions! Hopefully this will make my bike work better for me and raise my confidence in turns. http://www.crstuning.com/

Illegitimi non carborundum

scordiaboy515
I'm going to a suspension clinic and set up this weekend to get some advice. It's a free clinic and question/answer thing, then 30 bucks for them to work on your bike to set it up for you. I think it'll be money well spent. I'm going to ask them a ton of questions! Hopefully this will make my bike work better for me and raise my confidence in turns. http://www.crstuning.com/
  What you have to keep in mind is that the FZ-07  has no suspension adjustment at all....only rear shock spring preload...that's it. High end sport bikes and after market suspension have numerous adjustments.  

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't alot you can do to adjust your stock suspension until you either modify it yourself or pay a shop to o it for you. There simply are not many adjustments to make to the stock suspension. Least anyone should do is have their springs change for their weight and have a revalve job done.

Again, we have a great suspension supporting vendor, Traxxion dynamics who can take care of it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
  What you have to keep in mind is that the FZ-07  has no suspension adjustment at all....only rear shock spring preload...that's it. High end sport bikes and after market suspension have numerous adjustments.
Yeah, I know. I'm going for the advice and whatever minor adjustment they can do. I haven't even set the sag yet. I also want to see if I can have the bike lowered a bit.  
If there was one thing I could change about the bike (in my world) it would be 1 inch lower.

• 2 weeks later...

HyperPro do a lowering spring kit for the rear shock and front forks. I don't see it on their web site yet but it is on eBay.
They also do the standard length spring kits.

scordiaboy515
Okay, time for a suspension newbie question. What do those caps do?
    They adjust the amount of preload on the spring.....turn it clockwise and it compresses the spring thus making it tighter, hope this helps. 

• Global Moderator
Okay, time for a suspension newbie question. What do those caps do?
    They adjust the amount of preload on the spring.....turn it clockwise and it compresses the spring thus making it tighter, hope this helps.
Okay, I have got it...I think. It is similar to the adjustment we can make on the rear spring. 

scordiaboy515
Okay, I have got it...I think. It is similar to the adjustment we can make on the rear spring. 
  absolutely :D 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
HippieBikerChick, what setting did you end up with on the rear shock after your suspension clinic?? 

First, welcome to the forum jateureka! 
I tried to post a pic but they were all blurred. The setting I have now is the one that puts the bike the lowest to the ground.

Archived