The MT-07 Forum

They don't make them like this...

Spitfire

20 hours ago, rider said:

I didn't say I wasn't one of the playful children, I was just warning him.  Makes it more challenging that way.

So don't call me an adult.  Take it back, doodoo head. 😁

I'm offended and hurt ... I'm telling on you! 💩

• Haha 2

Beemer

6 hours ago, patrolus said:

crazy bike mate;) - number plates are not in fashion in your country??

Thx. Crazy as in good tucker?

Have the latest in plate cloaking technology...

Temporary and accidental bike transfer. Happens when no one is looking and only for short emergencies, milk run. ;)

1. Domino's thermal, pizza delivery bag for a tail bag.

2. 1956 Eldorado Cadillac brake light.

3. Starsky & Hutch graphics.

4. Bark Busters.

• Haha 1

Beemer

9 hours ago, Beemer said:

1. Domino's thermal, pizza delivery bag for a tail bag.

2. 1956 Eldorado Cadillac brake light.

3. Starsky & Hutch graphics.

4. Bark Busters.

Huggy bear, that you? It's me Hutch. Always knew that I would run into you somewhere. That no carb diet has you seeing things? No pizza for you. Brake lights are actually red neck trucker modded lights but right on for the BB s.

No more flying tomato, now the spitfire lemon sour tart! Just a little different from stock. That drab grey is a fashion crime.

BTW, Pic taken on the Devils highway, route 666, also known as the Devils backbone. 120 miles with 450/1200 turns, curves and switchbacks, over 5000' elevation change. Coronado trail. Great ride.

IMG_20170511_121617-2080x1560.jpg

Edited by Spitfire
  • Like 2

" 120 miles with 450/1200 turns and switchbacks, over 5000' elevation change" Ok now I am officially crying.... I live on a river plain covered in Sugar, Macadamia nut and avacado farms. Our local hill is called the hummock...for a real reason...no irony. All roads are covered in gerey nomad caravans.

BTW grey is the new black...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

34 minutes ago, gregjet said:

" 120 miles with 450/1200 turns and switchbacks, over 5000' elevation change" Ok now I am officially crying.... I live on a river plain covered in Sugar, Macadamia nut and avacado farms. Our local hill is called the hummock...for a real reason...no irony. All roads are covered in gerey nomad caravans.

BTW grey is the new black...

Get a bulldozer and make your own hills and Twisties. ;)

Well, if you need inspiration...

IMG_20170511_120925-2048x1536.jpg

You do realize tha "cruel and unusual punishment" is against an international convention.

• Like 1

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Who said a Fizz7 is just a street bike?

I like to think of it as a rock crawler, dirt tracker, mountain hopper, curve shredder, gravity defying downhill coaster, road beast supermoto. 😁

Why limit yourself?

IMG_20170728_121132-1664x1248.jpg

Edited by Spitfire

Sometimes I have to take a break and just admire the scenery.

And my bike.

And accessory.

And say life is good.

IMG_20170818_151514-1248x1664.jpg

Edited by Spitfire
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Fyi, just installed the Shinko 705 on there.

Went with the 170/60r17 on the back. Fits like a glove. Muscled them on, not too bad, leverage and patience. 

Ready for more off road adventures. Should be slightly better traction than the old street Bridgestones. Lol

IMG_20180510_181628-1728x3072.jpg

uphagermanpass.jpg

Edited by Spitfire
  • Like 2

705's have fantastic dry grip on pavement, too. I used to absolutely rail a KLR 650 on a pair of 705's. really surprised by their street manners. Do watch that sucker in the wet, though. They tend to get a bit slippery. Nothing sketchy, just don't let their awesome dry grip give you over-confidence.

On 2/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, pegasus46 said:

GREAT color scheme and design. Now that's different.

Is that cactus real?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Yeah, the 705s are surprising for a dual sport tire. Had them on a drz400sm and they rocked. Living in the desert, no experience in the wet so thx on that. Wet and traction don't mix so always cautious.

And yes, that is a real cactus, midsize actually. Can get much bigger.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:18 PM, rider said:

Sorry, didn't look at the size, just the brand and model. @gregjet's right.  Nice save.

But I was right about the tank.  It's an M60 Patton tank in Bouse, AZ.  Bulldogs have 5 roadwheels and the turret's a bit different.  The Sherman looks way different.  (I wasn't a tanker, I was in an Attack Helicopter unit (Cobras - old school).  It's kind of handy for a tank killer unit to know a little about telling the difference. (I had to look it up to be sure, it's been awhile).  😉

You cobra guys (maybe not you personally but you cobra pilots) hung back behind the trees during Team Spirit in Korea in 83'. I remember you would hover and peak over the top of the trees to get a look at the op 4 and hover back down, out of sight. Then you suddenly came up over the top and flew over us wreaking havoc on the enemy. What an awesome site that was, thanks for the thrill!

two-us-marine-corps-ah-1w-cobra-attack-helicopters-fly-in-a-close-dj3865.jpg

• Like 2

Beemer

I raced a cobra once,

I will finish this after the Arizona Mile Mains

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 years later...

Yeah, it's still me, I'm still alive.

Still have the Spitfire, running great except for the check engine light from mice chewing on wires. New Shinko 705 on the back. Needs a paint refresh due to sun fade. New chain, sprockets and fork seals at 22k, now at 25k miles.

Runs great with only complaints being fuel gauge drops and wood slab seat which really takes away from pleasure touring. Tried a few pads and have made my own improved cushion pad. Helps allot but still not ride all day great. Two three hours max for me. 

Edited by Spitfire7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, perfect fit for two wedged in there.

And so a new paint scheme, same but different. Much more conservative in white.😁

Still flashy but not so flashy?

They still don't make them like this...

tmp-cam-4764592464922687142.jpg

Edited by Spitfire7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 12:49 PM, Spitfire said:

IMG_20180220_113837-3120x2340.jpg

Man that is really taking hi-viz to the next level.

I dig it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spitfire7 said:

Few slight graphic tweaks and there it is in its present form.

tmp-cam-9103121898565336580.jpg

The "toned down" version lol.

Very unique man.

• Like 1