hippiebikerchick

Golden Gate Bridge ride

hippiebikerchick
A few of us are planning a ride over the Golden Gate Bridge today. Hopefully a full report, pics and video will be posted later. Zoom Zoom!
  • Like 3

Illegitimi non carborundum

cassecou
Do a wheelie!
YEA, and a video of the wheelie too. Vid, vid, vid. Can't wait. 

hippiebikerchick
http://vid1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/Carol_Hauptman_Gluck/hippie_GGB_low_zpsec9b9798.mp4

Video proof of me and NimblePixie on the GG Bridge. Sorry, the GoPro ran out of battery just before I did my wheelie! 

Me and 4 friends rode about 180 miles round trip up the peninsula, the Great Highway, through the Presidio and GG Bridge to Sausalito and Mill Valley for grass fed burgers at Weezys. I'll try to add some pics later. We are tired!

• Like 9

Illegitimi non carborundum

motomeek
That's great. I wish I had the breadth to want to ride the 500+ miles up to SF to ride around like that.
  • Like 1

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

truthiness
I want to do that! What are some good roads to ride up around the SF Bay?

cassecou
Am I the only one who can't see the video without a plugin?

migglesworth
I want to do that! What are some good roads to ride up around the SF Bay?[span]    [/span][span]     

[/span]
There are a ton. I am partial to Redwood Rd by the San Leandro Reservoir. Tons of options up there, not a lot of cars, seldom police. Only thing to really watch out for are road bicyclists. They aren't assholes, but can appear out of nowhere on a turn.  
I usually ride this road a few times, and explore the area since there are a ton of twisties. Some are admittedly too twisty, but there you are...

Hey! I am always up for a ride in the bay, so if anyone is planning, post something here ahead of time.

truthiness
That sounds like a good time. I'm planning some sort of long ride over the Veterans Day holiday and may have to head that way.