The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 Owner!

ADHWC93

Hey all,

Just picked up my first FZ-07 this weekend as I traded in my Harley XG750.

Weather has been pretty bad this last few weeks though so I've only ridden it from the dealer to home (about 40 miles). Love it so far though, just looking at mods and doing research while I wait for better weather.

EDIT: Also noticed I have a typo in my username. Any way to change it?

28217776_10155514874598869_1719522505_o.jpg

On 2/25/2018 at 11:53 AM, C4 Trousers said:

Welcome! Maybe when the weather clears up you can give us a realistic comparison between the FZ and your prior street 750 👍🏻

For sure I will. Funniest part though, I wasn't planning on getting a different bike. Went to a local dealer to have my friend look at potential first bikes and I decided to sit on an FZ-07. Fell in love, said if the payments were right I'd buy it. Local dealer never contacted me back, so I rode 40 miles out, found one in a better color, $600 cheaper, and with gap and a 4 year extended warranty is $20 cheaper a month.

Also already did the Yoshimura fender eliminator. Next step is maybe the yoshimura full exhaust and a DNA stage 2 air filter. Can't wait to see how the power compares to the Street, as it wasn't too shabby overall, especially for a harley.

C4 Trousers
27 minutes ago, ADHWC93 said:

For sure I will. Funniest part though, I wasn't planning on getting a different bike. Went to a local dealer to have my friend look at potential first bikes and I decided to sit on an FZ-07. Fell in love, said if the payments were right I'd buy it. Local dealer never contacted me back, so I rode 40 miles out, found one in a better color, $600 cheaper, and with gap and a 4 year extended warranty is $20 cheaper a month.

Also already did the Yoshimura fender eliminator. Next step is maybe the yoshimura full exhaust and a DNA stage 2 air filter. Can't wait to see how the power compares to the Street, as it wasn't too shabby overall, especially for a harley.

Sounds like you made out pretty well! I was cross shopping the street rod before I got my fz07 and was surprised how cheap the insurance was on all the HD bikes. They were all like $333 a year from the street rod to the brand new fat bob. What exactly did you fall in love with? I was only able to sit on the street rod and not actually ride it because my local dealer does not allow test rides. For me what swayed me was all the online comparisons between the two and everyone preferring the FZ07 in every aspect. 

On 2/28/2018 at 7:58 PM, C4 Trousers said:

Sounds like you made out pretty well! I was cross shopping the street rod before I got my fz07 and was surprised how cheap the insurance was on all the HD bikes. They were all like $333 a year from the street rod to the brand new fat bob. What exactly did you fall in love with? I was only able to sit on the street rod and not actually ride it because my local dealer does not allow test rides. For me what swayed me was all the online comparisons between the two and everyone preferring the FZ07 in every aspect. 

Oh yeah, I paid about $23/m for my street. The FZ is triple digits. So far, that's the only down side.

Originally when I got my street I was looking for a 500-650 size metric cruiser. All of them seemed too heavy and wide for my taste and I decided to (kind of unwillingly) go into the Harley dealer where I saw the street. 750cc, and was a smaller size than all the rest of the metric cruisers. Really liked the styling, was comfortable, and a price I was able to afford. Had 0.8 miles on it, and was the "display" street that was placed under all the posters advertising the new model and on the special lifted area they had between staircases. Kind of a cool experience.

After a little longer than 2 years and just noticing poor overall build quality and being a part of the online community seeing all the issues they had (some quite catastrophic for a newer bike), I was getting a little nervous about long-term ownership. Already had problems with the dealership over a fuel pump safety issue that ended up being a recall (after they told me nothing was wrong with it, than almost crashing on my way out of their parking lot because of the issue after they told me this), and the front brake lever not activating the brake light. I was very lucky though, no issues other than that. And I actually really enjoyed the bike, and I still would if I could be more confident about how long it would last. Being just out of warranty wasn't sitting well with me either.

Still wasn't really looking for a new bike, but when I went in with my buddy and sat on the FZ I just had to have one, and it made a damn good excuse to trade in the Harley.

Welcome and congrats on the bike you've been missing out on for the last two years. You're going to love this bikes engine, it pulls like a retarded mule and gets up to speed like a scalded banshee. Stay frosty!

Beemer

8 hours ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats on the bike you've been missing out on for the last two years. You're going to love this bikes engine, it pulls like a retarded mule and gets up to speed like a scalded banshee. Stay frosty!

Plates came in today, good excuse for a 74 mile ride. The 6th gear passing power is insane. Never had something be able to accelerate like that without dropping at least into 5th!

8 hours ago, bornagainbiker said:

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you!

Welcome! Don't think I've ever seen a used Harley in a Honyamkawzuki shop. That would be a sight.

Nah, they probably sell it to the Harley shop.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

3 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome! Don't think I've ever seen a used Harley in a Honyamkawzuki shop. That would be a sight.

Nah, they probably sell it to the Harley shop.

Surprisingly, they have 9 used Harleys for sale. Mine was already detailed and on the showroom when I arrived today. Super good price too, almost be worth it to buy it if I didn't buy it originally. I put a good $1k in accessories and upgrades.

"The 6th gear passing power is insane."

Told ya so! 😉 So other than liking the torque in top gear, what are your thoughts on the bike as a whole and compared to the H.D.?

Beemer

On 3/4/2018 at 8:00 AM, Beemer said:

"The 6th gear passing power is insane."

Told ya so! 😉 So other than liking the torque in top gear, what are your thoughts on the bike as a whole and compared to the H.D.?

So far, I love it for a lot of reasons. I still need to learn shifting as it seems a little more difficult to get it just right (the Harley just kind of mushed into any gear, lol). The deceleration thing is new to me as well. I often see myself going faster or slower than the speed limit, and its a little harder to keep it at a steady speed. I'm sure I'll get use to it.

The biggest thing so far though is that I'm higher up and a little more afraid of leaning far over than I was in the Harley, but again, something to learn.

Archived