The MT-07 Forum

MPG?

phanomenal07

On 2/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, phanomenal07 said:

So ever since I got the Yoshi exhaust and ecu tune I’ve been averaging 36.5 mpg. Anyone else is this low? I used to get around 50-60 before the flash

When mine was new, I was getting about 56mpg.  Since changing out the airbox and flashing a tune, I'm down to 43mpg.  I'd assume putting the pipe on and re-tuning again (thus, even more power) should drop it down to what you're seeing.

• 1 year later...
On 3/21/2018 at 7:42 PM, botticelli said:

My commute is 80 miles each way. I buy 2 gallons at work and 2 at home, every day. 40mpg. Simple

I can see that getting annoying real quick 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Ive never cared to keep track, when its hungry I feed it.

• Like 3

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

56mpg after akra ti, dna air filter and lid, r6 thtottle tube, power commander V tuned with autotune, mine is a 2018 model,

got o2 sensor delete also, i dont understand how with flash people gets so bad fuel milage, even when i crack down the trottle i always get really good mpg, in my case as iam from Portugal i get like 4,3 litres/100 Km, wich is really really good.

bartman5impson

I've gotten 55 mpg average over the past thousandish miles

I tend to keep it at 3k-4.5k rpm when cruising and 4.5k-7k when spirited riding

That's with a full exhaust, o2 delete, and EJK

• Like 1

I'm a few weeks away from a 1300 mile ride, almost all of it highway. I'll track my fuel and see how I do.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys well the verdict is in. The ride itself wasn't the most exciting ride but goddamn was the trip STILL A RIOT. It really got me thinking about some serious touring in my future. It was a good "dry run" so to speak! Can't wait to get some motocamping under my belt this fall/winter season! 

So... Not only did I move my bike for about 1/4 the cost of "the pros" (OG estimated budget: $350 {Actual All-in cost: $250} vs $800 MIN to ship the bike, realistically more like $1000 to pick up in BK NYC) I bought a few farkles (rok straps, dry bag, cramp buster) that already paid for themselves. All in all I went through approximately 24 gallons of fuel over a distance of approx 1400 miles. 

That puts me at avg = 60 mpg and that was LOADED THE f@#k UP and plenty of wrist wringing on the highway. I think if I tried to squeeze some miles out of my fuel I could have easily averaged over 70 mpg. 

Bike - 2018 MT07. "Performance mods" = Akra Carbon pipe, 2WDW Tune for said Akra Carbon, and the snorkle pulled. That's it. I specifically planned my stops around E0 pure fuel because it's impossible to come by in NYC and I'm ALWAYS going to take the pure fuel if/when it's an option. The bike is tuned for 91 gas, and I would take 90 or 91 E0 depending on what was available. My local pump is 90 so thats what I'll be using).

I still can't believe how cheap this thing is to run and maintain. I want a faster and fancier bike but I know it's a mistake :)

• Like 2

Bigturbomax

Im always shocked at how efficient this thing is for how hard it pulls and fun it is to crack the throttle lol!

• Like 1

Yeah man thats what I'm saying. I was LOADED, both with a fair amount of weight but substantial drag as well, and pretty much ripping highway 70-85 all day, I was pretty shocked. Bike never even gave a second thought, I just personally didn't feel comfortable traveling any faster totally loaded with stock brakes and suspension lol. 

In my preliminary budgeting estimations, I intentionally underestimated my mpg (I used 50 mpg based on what I read here) and overestimated the price of fuel. Don't worry... that extra $100 in the budget surplus will go directly to the bike :)

It's making me seriously considering going "all-in" on the MT and turning it into a quasi-touring bike.  We'll see... 

Scorpion Serket Taper Exhaust, 2wdw tune, no snorkel.   Total rider wt with trip gear: ~ 205 pounds.  Normal road trip, including about 25% interstate (80 - 90 mph), mountains, hail, wind, fast, slow, medium, hot, COLD, occasionally a tad heavy on the throttle, etc:  63mpg (give or take 3mpg).   

These were extreme variations from a normal long road trip>  A Yellowstone ride once yielded 68 mph:  Yellowstone is 40 - 50 mph and surrounding areas usually less than 65mph.  High head wind trips have yielded 55mpg.   Ambient temp makes a big difference too.  The hotter the temp, the higher the MPG.

147.1 miles 2.428 gallons. 60.58 mpg on my last tank riding the wife on the back.

Edited by Grant31781