Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Sturdy front and rear bike stands for $70

Recommended Posts

Just got these myself, and they are stout.

 

I ordered the headlift style for $110 to my door, and it still comes with all the pieces to use it as a standard fork-lift stand. Three stands for 110 bucks. Can't beat that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 on the Venom paddock stands!  They're working great for me. I bought the front & rear set and then added the head/triple tree attachment to go with it. The whole set has been nothing but sturdy. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have them too, also with the tripletree adapter.  I also have a Pitbull rear.  The Pitbull is heavier and sturdier, but the Venom stands are plenty sturdy and well worth the money.  Venom says not to get on the bike while using the stands, but I have and, while I wouldn't jump around on em like you can on the Pitbull, I have no worries they'll hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rider said:

I have them too, also with the tripletree adapter.  I also have a Pitbull rear.  The Pitbull is heavier and sturdier, but the Venom stands are plenty sturdy and well worth the money.  Venom says not to get on the bike while using the stands, but I have and, while I wouldn't jump around on em like you can on the Pitbull, I have no worries they'll hold.

Ditto...

venoms plenty sturdy and work well on FZ-07 but I also bought the Pitbull rear with the forward facing handle...so much easier and less risky to stand beside the bike to lift the rear than standing behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a venom front fork stand also, no problems,sturdy,works well. Unfortunately I don't have the rear stand from venom, I have a low profile aluminium Harbor Freight 1, I got from the guy I bought the bike from it works well with the R&G rear axle spools he put on it, (the irony is real) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DewMan said:

+1 on the Venom paddock stands!  They're working great for me. I bought the front & rear set and then added the head/triple tree attachment to go with it. The whole set has been nothing but sturdy. 👍

Any chance you have the part # on that headset attachment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Any chance you have the part # on that headset attachment?

Here's a link for the attachment by itself:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016Z001RA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518472571&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=venom+triple+tree+attachment&psc=1

You also need the extra pins for the FZ 07 I think.  I bought them, pretty sure the set the attachment comes with doesn't have it included.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XC4H8DN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518472843&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=venom+triple+tree+pins&dpPl=1&dpID=41RW9Lzkf3L&ref=plSrch

 

 

Edited by rider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chademinent said:

Any chance you have the part # on that headset attachment?

Exactly what @rider listed is what you need.

You do need the additional pin kit since the set that comes with it doesn't have the correct size for the FZ-07 unfortunately.  On the plus side once you have both sets of pins you can fit just about any bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, DewMan said:

+1 on the Venom paddock stands!  They're working great for me. I bought the front & rear set and then added the head/triple tree attachment to go with it. The whole set has been nothing but sturdy. 👍

I'm about to order the triple attachment, and I was wondering what size pin is needed for our FZ-07"s. I have the front fork stand, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell the attachment won't rotate off the base stand? @DewMan, @markstertt, @rider, @shinyribs, I'm going to get the rear paddle set-up also. It comes with these size pins,5x Head Lift Pins (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm).

Edited by fzar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, fzar said:

I'm about to order the triple attachment, and I was wondering what size pin is needed for our FZ-07"s. I have the front fork stand, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell the attachment won't rotate off the base stand? @DewMan, @markstertt, @rider, @shinyribs, I'm going to get the rear paddle set-up also. It comes with these size pins,5x Head Lift Pins (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm).

Our bike needs the 21mm pin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, i28 said:

Our bike needs the 21mm pin

What  @i28 said. 🙂

 

You'll need to get the "Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2", that is linked above by @rider, to get that size... the good news is once you have the #2 kit you're set to use it on just about any bike.

 

So what project are you needing the headlift for? Inquiring minds want to know. 🤓

 

I also got the rear paddles since it allows me to remove the rear wheel. At the time I didn't have the center stand. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fzar said:

I'm about to order the triple attachment, and I was wondering what size pin is needed for our FZ-07"s. I have the front fork stand, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell the attachment won't rotate off the base stand? @DewMan, @markstertt, @rider, @shinyribs, I'm going to get the rear paddle set-up also. It comes with these size pins,5x Head Lift Pins (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm).

The pin locking in to the steering stem is what keeps the top of the headlift from rotating. There's no rigid connection between the two halves of the lift itself. Hard to visualize until you do it, then it makes perfect sense.

 

Our bikes have a rubber plug sealing off the bottom of the stem. Pop that out so you're not fumbling around looking for the hole. 

Edited by shinyribs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Hard to visualize until you do it, then it makes perfect sense.

I could go down so many roads with this remark, but I'll keep my smartassness to myself, this time.

In reality I get what you mean, in my eyes I would have thought there would be a sleeve over, as in the diameter of the attachment would slide over the base lift and have a  pin with a  cotter pin or split pin to stop it just sliding on out of there. Thanks for the description.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

What  @i28 said. 🙂

 

You'll need to get the "Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2", that is linked above by @rider, to get that size... the good news is once you have the #2 kit you're set to use it on just about any bike.

 

So what project are you needing the headlift for? Inquiring minds want to know. 🤓

 

I also got the rear paddles since it allows me to remove the rear wheel. At the time I didn't have the center stand. 👍

I don't really have a project, I'm trying to get the wheels off, to get the new tyres that are being delivered today, on. Everywhere I asked the either won't take the wheels off the bike, and it's $55 a wheel @cyclegear or if they do it's expensive (depending on how pissed they arew you didn't buy tyre's from them) I told them, how can I pass-up using a $150 giftcard for tyre's!!! .I rode down to a place today and went straight to there service fella and he said when I get the tyre's and check them out, call him $50 a wheel.

 

In reality I'm still getting the rear paddle style stand and the triple attachment. With the appropriate pin kit. I don't want to be limited to what I already have. Which are, the rear stand from harbor freight and R&G spools through the axle from original owner, and the venom front fork stand, a present, that I don't particularly like how the bike sits on them. I want to get SAG numbers, pull the forks, check them out and most likely replace the fork oil, might be hitting people up for improvements and upgrades. The road I'm heading is a semi-tourer, no huge commitment cost wise, just something that can do 4-5 day trips.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

 

 

Edited by fzar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.