The MT-07 Forum

Sturdy front and rear bike stands for $70

Cruizin

Just got these myself, and they are stout.

I ordered the headlift style for $110 to my door, and it still comes with all the pieces to use it as a standard fork-lift stand. Three stands for 110 bucks. Can't beat that.

• Premium Member

+1 on the Venom paddock stands!  They're working great for me. I bought the front & rear set and then added the head/triple tree attachment to go with it. The whole set has been nothing but sturdy. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I have them too, also with the tripletree adapter.  I also have a Pitbull rear.  The Pitbull is heavier and sturdier, but the Venom stands are plenty sturdy and well worth the money.  Venom says not to get on the bike while using the stands, but I have and, while I wouldn't jump around on em like you can on the Pitbull, I have no worries they'll hold.

6 hours ago, rider said:

I have them too, also with the tripletree adapter.  I also have a Pitbull rear.  The Pitbull is heavier and sturdier, but the Venom stands are plenty sturdy and well worth the money.  Venom says not to get on the bike while using the stands, but I have and, while I wouldn't jump around on em like you can on the Pitbull, I have no worries they'll hold.

Ditto...

venoms plenty sturdy and work well on FZ-07 but I also bought the Pitbull rear with the forward facing handle...so much easier and less risky to stand beside the bike to lift the rear than standing behind.

• Premium Member

I have a venom front fork stand also, no problems,sturdy,works well. Unfortunately I don't have the rear stand from venom, I have a low profile aluminium Harbor Freight 1, I got from the guy I bought the bike from it works well with the R&G rear axle spools he put on it, (the irony is real) 

11 hours ago, DewMan said:

+1 on the Venom paddock stands!  They're working great for me. I bought the front & rear set and then added the head/triple tree attachment to go with it. The whole set has been nothing but sturdy. 👍

Any chance you have the part # on that headset attachment?

38 minutes ago, chademinent said:

Here's a link for the attachment by itself:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016Z001RA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518472571&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=venom+triple+tree+attachment&psc=1

You also need the extra pins for the FZ 07 I think.  I bought them, pretty sure the set the attachment comes with doesn't have it included.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XC4H8DN/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518472843&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=venom+triple+tree+pins&dpPl=1&dpID=41RW9Lzkf3L&ref=plSrch

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, chademinent said:

Exactly what @rider listed is what you need.

You do need the additional pin kit since the set that comes with it doesn't have the correct size for the FZ-07 unfortunately.  On the plus side once you have both sets of pins you can fit just about any bike.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 2/12/2018 at 4:15 AM, DewMan said:

I'm about to order the triple attachment, and I was wondering what size pin is needed for our FZ-07"s. I have the front fork stand, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell the attachment won't rotate off the base stand? @DewMan, @markstertt, @rider, @shinyribs, I'm going to get the rear paddle set-up also. It comes with these size pins,5x Head Lift Pins (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm).

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, fzar said:

I'm about to order the triple attachment, and I was wondering what size pin is needed for our FZ-07"s. I have the front fork stand, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell the attachment won't rotate off the base stand? @DewMan, @markstertt, @rider, @shinyribs, I'm going to get the rear paddle set-up also. It comes with these size pins,5x Head Lift Pins (13mm, 15mm, 16.5mm, 17mm, and 18mm).

Our bike needs the 21mm pin

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, i28 said:

Our bike needs the 21mm pin

What  @i28 said. 🙂

You'll need to get the "Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2", that is linked above by @rider, to get that size... the good news is once you have the #2 kit you're set to use it on just about any bike.

So what project are you needing the headlift for? Inquiring minds want to know. 🤓

I also got the rear paddles since it allows me to remove the rear wheel. At the time I didn't have the center stand. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

2 hours ago, fzar said:

The pin locking in to the steering stem is what keeps the top of the headlift from rotating. There's no rigid connection between the two halves of the lift itself. Hard to visualize until you do it, then it makes perfect sense.

Our bikes have a rubber plug sealing off the bottom of the stem. Pop that out so you're not fumbling around looking for the hole. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Hard to visualize until you do it, then it makes perfect sense.

I could go down so many roads with this remark, but I'll keep my smartassness to myself, this time.

In reality I get what you mean, in my eyes I would have thought there would be a sleeve over, as in the diameter of the attachment would slide over the base lift and have a  pin with a  cotter pin or split pin to stop it just sliding on out of there. Thanks for the description.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

What  @i28 said. 🙂

You'll need to get the "Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2", that is linked above by @rider, to get that size... the good news is once you have the #2 kit you're set to use it on just about any bike.

So what project are you needing the headlift for? Inquiring minds want to know. 🤓

I also got the rear paddles since it allows me to remove the rear wheel. At the time I didn't have the center stand. 👍

I don't really have a project, I'm trying to get the wheels off, to get the new tyres that are being delivered today, on. Everywhere I asked the either won't take the wheels off the bike, and it's $55 a wheel @cyclegear or if they do it's expensive (depending on how pissed they arew you didn't buy tyre's from them) I told them, how can I pass-up using a $150 giftcard for tyre's!!! .I rode down to a place today and went straight to there service fella and he said when I get the tyre's and check them out, call him $50 a wheel.

In reality I'm still getting the rear paddle style stand and the triple attachment. With the appropriate pin kit. I don't want to be limited to what I already have. Which are, the rear stand from harbor freight and R&G spools through the axle from original owner, and the venom front fork stand, a present, that I don't particularly like how the bike sits on them. I want to get SAG numbers, pull the forks, check them out and most likely replace the fork oil, might be hitting people up for improvements and upgrades. The road I'm heading is a semi-tourer, no huge commitment cost wise, just something that can do 4-5 day trips.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Pop that out so you're not fumbling around looking for the hole.

I missed that one!!!

• 1 month later...

I think I have a venom rear stand for my other bikes and the current adapters on it are for regular spool. Those adapters are not fully circular, they are half notched.

I would like to get the swingarm paddles adapters to lift the MT-07, Would anyone happen to know the part# for the Venom swingarm paddle adapter that are notched? 

** Example - Notched like the following adapters:

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Attachments-Motorcycle-Attachment-KapscoMoto/dp/B071NPT3DZ/ref=pd_day0_263_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071NPT3DZ&pd_rd_r=5FW93NG4V4BA3JHBPCB6&pd_rd_w=z75cz&pd_rd_wg=BmuYN&psc=1&refRID=5FW93NG4V4BA3JHBPCB6

8 hours ago, safety said:

I think I have a venom rear stand for my other bikes and the current adapters on it are for regular spool. Those adapters are not fully circular, they are half notched.

I would like to get the swingarm paddles adapters to lift the MT-07, Would anyone happen to know the part# for the Venom swingarm paddle adapter that are notched? 

** Example - Notched like the following adapters:

https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Attachments-Motorcycle-Attachment-KapscoMoto/dp/B071NPT3DZ/ref=pd_day0_263_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B071NPT3DZ&pd_rd_r=5FW93NG4V4BA3JHBPCB6&pd_rd_w=z75cz&pd_rd_wg=BmuYN&psc=1&refRID=5FW93NG4V4BA3JHBPCB6

Now thinking about it... Would it make sense that those paddles actualy swivles once inside the rear stand assembly?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IM0ANS/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_2_w

• 1 month later...

Looks like the “Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2” is sold out everywhere. Amazon doesn’t even list it currently.

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

• Global Moderator

I have a set of the Venom stands, the rear has the swingarm paddles. Does anyone know a good procedure for getting the bike on the stand? I'm used to center stands or using a lift on bikes with skid plates, the swingarm stand always feels really sketchy getting the bike on by myself. I'd hate to dump my new bike :). 

1 hour ago, tavisb said:

I have a set of the Venom stands, the rear has the swingarm paddles. Does anyone know a good procedure for getting the bike on the stand? I'm used to center stands or using a lift on bikes with skid plates, the swingarm stand always feels really sketchy getting the bike on by myself. I'd hate to dump my new bike :). 

I get the stand close to where it needs to be, a little to the right of center of the rear tire.  Leave the side stand down.  Just take it slow and make sure everything is aligned and steady (ish).  Stand on the left side (side stand side) of the bike and grab it with your left hand somewhere sturdy (I hold the plastic on the right side around the rear of the front seat) and stand the bike up straight, staying ready to pull it back on the side stand in case something goes wonky.  Guide the rear stand under the swing arm with your right hand. When you get it far enough under, start pushing the handle down.  You'll feel when the bike is stable on the stand, then you can let go of the bike and push the handle all the way.

This works for me.  Always a little sketchy until the bike settles on the stand.  Maybe have somebody with you to spot the bike the first couple of times until you're comfortable with it.

I also mark the position of the paddles with a sharpie for different bikes so I don't have to measure every time I work on something different. 

• Global Moderator
1 hour ago, tavisb said:

I do what @rider said except I stand behind my bike and hold on to the strap on the rear seat.  After you have done it a few times you will feel more comfortable.  Having someone there the first couple of times is also a good idea. 

• Global Moderator

Being nervous is okay, it will make you be careful. :)

Archived