The MT-07 Forum

Triumph releasing bad ass new 2018 Speed Triple

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

The new Street Triple looks good too.  I think I need to visit my local Triumph dealer.  

Thats thing is hidious, they ruined it with the freakin headlites

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

49 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

What puts it behind the pack?

Just asking myself the same. Its not a KTM super Duke, maybe? 

Anyway, awesome bike , I just don't like the headlights ......Looking from the side, the front just looks crap

• Global Moderator

I agree about the headlights, the dual round headlights look so much better than the weird angular ones. 

Was invited to the local Ducati/BMW/Triumph dealership this afternoon for a "movie night" and was checking out this bike with a few buddies. I love the frame, it's very unique, but the welds really stand out and not in a good way. Not gonna bash on the bike because I'm sure it's a beast, but Triumph styling just never grabs me. And yeah, everyone commented on not liking the headlights. 

That Duc Desert Sled tho...mmm... very nice bike in the flesh, but it makes the same power as an 07 while weighing 75 lbs more. 

Looked at and sat on a bunch of bikes, but didn't see anything that'd make me want to give up the 07. 

30 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Was invited to the local Ducati/BMW/Triumph dealership this afternoon for a "movie night" and was checking out this bike with a few buddies. I love the frame, it's very unique, but the welds really stand out and not in a good way. Not gonna bash on the bike because I'm sure it's a beast, but Triumph styling just never grabs me. And yeah, everyone commented on not liking the headlights. 

That Duc Desert Sled tho...mmm... very nice bike in the flesh, but it makes the same power as an 07 while weighing 75 lbs more. 

Looked at and sat on a bunch of bikes, but didn't see anything that'd make me want to give up the 07. 

You must have been looking at last years model, this bike hasn’t been released or even priced yet.

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

You must have been looking at last years model, this bike hasn’t been released or even priced yet.

Same frame on both bikes. 2018 gets "revamped engine and new electronics". '17 has a much sleeker tail vs the '18. I think the wheels on the '18 look bulkier, too. It's like Triumph was trying to visually add weight to the bike. 

mushymushroom

I sat on the new white Speed Triple RS yesterday at the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Chicago, felt nice but I had to tippy toe on it, I’m 5’10 with a 30” inseam.  I have to tippy toe super sport bikes.

11 hours ago, mushymushroom said:

I sat on the new white Speed Triple RS yesterday at the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Chicago, felt nice but I had to tippy toe on it, I’m 5’10 with a 30” inseam.  I have to tippy toe super sport bikes.

They had it at the show? Was it priced ? The bike isnt released yet. 

mushymushroom
9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

It was there at the show, I wasn't actually expecting to see it. Saw it on the show floor and turned to my friend and brother-in-law and said the reveal video literally just came out a few days ago.  The Honda CB1000R neo sports cafe bike was there too but it said MSRP: TBA.

This was my first motorcycle convention, so there was a lot to look at.  My brother-in-law took a picture of me next to Valentino Rossi's MotoGP bike, I thought they would put a barrier around it like a lot of the custom bikes, old school bikes.  The only thing on it was a tiny tag on the seat that says not to sit on it.

Those headlights are no good seen in profile. Just a disconnected, unrelated, rejected blob on the front. Fix them to the forks and there is a chance they would work.

Just do it! 

On 2/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, Cruizin said:

apparently the rrp € 15725 in Germany , if that helps ;) 

Archived