Jump to content
Cruizin

Triumph releasing bad ass new 2018 Speed Triple

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

What puts it behind the pack?

Just asking myself the same. Its not a KTM super Duke, maybe? 

Anyway, awesome bike , I just don't like the headlights ......Looking from the side, the front just looks crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was invited to the local Ducati/BMW/Triumph dealership this afternoon for a "movie night" and was checking out this bike with a few buddies. I love the frame, it's very unique, but the welds really stand out and not in a good way. Not gonna bash on the bike because I'm sure it's a beast, but Triumph styling just never grabs me. And yeah, everyone commented on not liking the headlights. 

 

That Duc Desert Sled tho...mmm... very nice bike in the flesh, but it makes the same power as an 07 while weighing 75 lbs more. 

 

Looked at and sat on a bunch of bikes, but didn't see anything that'd make me want to give up the 07. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Was invited to the local Ducati/BMW/Triumph dealership this afternoon for a "movie night" and was checking out this bike with a few buddies. I love the frame, it's very unique, but the welds really stand out and not in a good way. Not gonna bash on the bike because I'm sure it's a beast, but Triumph styling just never grabs me. And yeah, everyone commented on not liking the headlights. 

 

That Duc Desert Sled tho...mmm... very nice bike in the flesh, but it makes the same power as an 07 while weighing 75 lbs more. 

 

Looked at and sat on a bunch of bikes, but didn't see anything that'd make me want to give up the 07. 

You must have been looking at last years model, this bike hasn’t been released or even priced yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

You must have been looking at last years model, this bike hasn’t been released or even priced yet.

Same frame on both bikes. 2018 gets "revamped engine and new electronics". '17 has a much sleeker tail vs the '18. I think the wheels on the '18 look bulkier, too. It's like Triumph was trying to visually add weight to the bike. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mushymushroom said:

I sat on the new white Speed Triple RS yesterday at the Progressive Motorcycle Show in Chicago, felt nice but I had to tippy toe on it, I’m 5’10 with a 30” inseam.  I have to tippy toe super sport bikes.

They had it at the show? Was it priced ? The bike isnt released yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cruizin said:

They had it at the show? Was it priced ? The bike isnt released yet. 

It was there at the show, I wasn't actually expecting to see it. Saw it on the show floor and turned to my friend and brother-in-law and said the reveal video literally just came out a few days ago.  The Honda CB1000R neo sports cafe bike was there too but it said MSRP: TBA.

 

This was my first motorcycle convention, so there was a lot to look at.  My brother-in-law took a picture of me next to Valentino Rossi's MotoGP bike, I thought they would put a barrier around it like a lot of the custom bikes, old school bikes.  The only thing on it was a tiny tag on the seat that says not to sit on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.