Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Can someone write tech tip for checking valve clearances?

I have been emailed a few times asking if we had a tech tip on this. When one of you go to check/adjust valve clearences, could you please take some pics and write up a tech tip? 

Thank in advance. 

I find that a well done how-to is a lot more helpful than the line drawings and text in a maintenance manual, plus it gives me a good idea of if it is something I want to try to tackle myself.  Hopefully someone will take this project on before my valve inspection is due. 

Tech tips are what make motorcycle forums useful and  attract new members.  When the day comes that we are "Too Good" to write and share tech tips to help others, I'll yank this entire website from the internet. Sharing and learning is what forums are about, otherwise we are no better than the facebook groups posting wheelie pics. 

6 minutes ago, fzar said:

Iv'e been looking at this lately to see if its worth the purchase over the $100+ yamaha service manual. https://haynes.com/en-us/yamaha-mt-07-fz-07-mt-07tr-tracer-xsr700-14-17-haynes-repair-manual

Anyone have this?? 

Nevermind, I have reading comprehension issues today. *facepalm*

Edited by DewMan
stupidity on my part

4 minutes ago, DewMan said:

$100+ for the official yamaha service manual from the dealership. click my link again and its $35.95 free shipping in the US to the 48

Edited by fzar

Just now, no-lag said:

I might be taking the head off for work..... if I do I I’ll do it up. 

Ill make you a premium member for free if you can take pics or video.  We have more tech tips than anyone for the FZ-07 and this one will be mega important as peeps start adding more miles. 

BTW, you should visit your profile and upload a profile pic that will appear where that "N" is now. Also be sure to visit your account settings, set your notification settings to be sure that you get all important notifications. 

Just now, Cruizin said:

Ill make you a premium member for free if you can take pics or video.  We have more tech tips than anyone for the FZ-07 and this one will be mega important as peeps start adding more miles. 

BTW, you should visit your profile and upload a profile pic that will appear where that "N" is now. Also be sure to visit your account settings, set your notification settings to be sure that you get all important notifications. 

It’s keep telling me my photos are to large on my photo library so I’ll just have to google a premade smaller photo :( 

7 minutes ago, no-lag said:

It’s keep telling me my photos are to large on my photo library so I’ll just have to google a premade smaller photo :( 

Ok, the easiest way to correct that is to simply resize your photos. Each member can upload a max 3 mb photo. Which is HUGE. We limit pic size because we are trying to avoid paying hundreds per month in pic hosting bills.  But 2-3 MB is more than enough for pics. 

What device are you using to upload the pics? Iphone? PC? MAC?  Also, I suggest adjusting your device to adjust the size of your pics or it will fill up your storage very fast. Also make sure that your pics are JPG or PNG. 

1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

Ok, the easiest way to correct that is to simply resize your photos. Each member can upload a max 3 mb photo. Which is HUGE. We limit pic size because we are trying to avoid paying hundreds per month in pic hosting bills.  But 2-3 MB is more than enough for pics. 

What device are you using to upload the pics? Iphone? PC? MAC?  Also, I suggest adjusting your device to adjust the size of your pics or it will fill up your storage very fast. 

iPhone, I have a computer at the shop but other then that I’m using my iPhone to reply and upload photos and videos, so if there is a tutorial on how I can do this easy I will be posting my build as I build ect. Via iPhone