The MT-07 Forum

TST tail light and indicator eliminator

Thrasherg

Well we just ordered a TST tail light unit for my wife's FZ07 and I cant recommend this company enough. The people at TST where incredibly helpful (I couldn't place my order through their WEB site, just wouldn't allow me to submit the order), ordered the light Wednesday by phone, and it arrived Friday afternoon. The unit is very well made and matches the stock tail unit completely. Its really simple to program and looks great. Anyone wanting to tidy up the rear end of their FZ should take a serious look at this unit. It took me longer to swap the flasher relay out for an LED flasher (also purchased from TST) than it did to fit the tail light. TST are doing a special offer at the minute, if you buy the light and flasher relay they knock a few bucks of the total..

The unit offers 9 different combinations of operation, basically 3 stop light modes, and each stop light mode has 3 possible indicator light modes,

1) standard brake light (light just goes on and off with brakes)

2) brake pulsing mode (brake light flashes 5 times when the brakes are applied and then stays on full until the brakes are released)

3) brake flashing mode (Brake light flashes very brightly all the time the brakes are applied)

then for each of the 3 brake modes above, the indicators can work in 1 of the 3 modes below:-

1) Normal mode (indicator light just flashes on and off, no fancy lighting or anything)

2) scan mode (indicator light lights up in the middle of the brake unit and scans out to the side of the tail unit

3) flash mode (indicator flashes very brightly (and quickly) whilst being turned on and off at the normal indicator flasher speed, hopefully that makes sense!)

There is a single switch on the back of the unit and you just push it to toggle between the 9 different combinations, when you find one you like, just stop and the unit will remain in that mode until you decide to change it again by pushing the switch at a later date!!

Highly recommended..

Gary

• Premium Member

Did you get the smoked or clear lens version?

Pictures or it didn't happen. :D

I just received the smoked lens version yesterday but haven't had the chance to install it yet.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Yep, they are good stuff. Got the smoked lens light and the relay last year and love it. Went with Motodynamics fender eliminator though because I didn't care for TST's design and their light.

Well my camera skills are not very good, with the light turned on, the picture is horribly over exposed, the indicator is flashing but you cant really see it due to the over exposure, the video and pictures on TST's WEB site are much better!! We ordered the clear lens as I was worried other vehicles might not see the indicators after going through a smoked lens. As stated, it is an exact copy of the original light unit and fits perfectly, I think it makes the back end much tidier!!

Gary

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

It looks good. I bought a clear one recently myself and it matches my white bike very well since the clear looks very whitish when the lights are off. A smoke would've looked good also since it would've contrasted nicely. DewMan captured mine at work on a video camera so people may be seeing that video soon.

Beemer

• 1 month later...
HARRY BALZAK

Just installed the clear last night as well as the stalk turn signals and relay. I like the tail light give it an 8 out of 10. I subtract a point for not providing any instructions whatsoever. I find that irritating, even if it's just some pictures and a quick write up. Yes I know they have online videos but some people don't have internet and trying to watch on a phone is a serious pain in the ass. Plus the video goes at a quick pace not my pace. Diagrams and detailed instructions would be nice. I subtract a point because it just doesn't have that quality rizoma feel. Although it also doesn't have that quality rizoma price either so that isn't completely fair.

Archived