The MT-07 Forum

2WDW Reflash plus Active Tune

djfz07

5 hours ago, xfonts said:

Like I've stated in a previous thread, it has worked for me just fine, like any other flash for any other motorcycle/car. 

So just so we don't mix things up. The tune 2WDW flash map they send you is not a base tune, its a full (yet over-the-counter) map, but it will be locked meaning you won't be able to touch or see fuel/timing maps, but you can change secondary maps like RPM limiter etc. 

If you want to self-tune, I honestly wouldn't recommend a FlashECU kit and go with a Woolich Racing kit, for the sole fact that FlashECU does not log anything. So unless you have a dyno, you will be just changing things without truly knowing the effects, which is dangerous. If you want to just change things in minor increments then that will be fine I guess, but you won't need a base map from 2WDW, just use the stock map and go from there.

ActiveTune is nice, but you will need to have someone weld a bung for the sensor, so just an fyi, it's not plug and play unless your exhaust already has one. It also is only really useful if you do a lot of filling gas from different stations. 

Sorry I used some poor terms/wording. I meant that the 2WDW tune was going to be the tune on which the Active Tune (not self tune).

But that's good info about the FTECU not having logging, I hadn't looked fully into it yet.

Also interesting that the Active Tune is only useful for different fuels. I am curious how Active Tune works with the 2WDW tune if the fuel and timing maps are locked

You can run the bike with active tune ON but the fuel and timing Maps are locked, so you can’t save new changes.

You also shouldn’t run the decell fuel cut off with the active tune, (can’t remember the exact name it’s a double negative) the active tune will fight the added fuel on decel that smooths out the on/off throttle.

Ive had issues with the active tune running while the bike is idling. The idle gets rough and it wants to stall so I shut the active tune parameters to off for under 2k rpms. I’ve tried talking to FTECU about it and they don’t really have any suggestions except that the parameters are there to do whatever I want.

From my experience with it my suggestion is to skip the active tune and just run the map from 2WDW with the fuel decel cut parameter to add fuel to smooth out the throttle.

If anyone has more info or suggestions on my issue with the active tune PLEASE let me know. 

• Like 1

@2wheeldynoworks It would be awesome if you could comment on some of the more recent posts to clarify how your tune works with Active Tune and if there are any limitations.

2wheeldynoworks
On 8/23/2020 at 7:49 AM, RobZilla said:

You can run the bike with active tune ON but the fuel and timing Maps are locked, so you can’t save new changes.

You also shouldn’t run the decell fuel cut off with the active tune, (can’t remember the exact name it’s a double negative) the active tune will fight the added fuel on decel that smooths out the on/off throttle.

Ive had issues with the active tune running while the bike is idling. The idle gets rough and it wants to stall so I shut the active tune parameters to off for under 2k rpms. I’ve tried talking to FTECU about it and they don’t really have any suggestions except that the parameters are there to do whatever I want.

From my experience with it my suggestion is to skip the active tune and just run the map from 2WDW with the fuel decel cut parameter to add fuel to smooth out the throttle.

If anyone has more info or suggestions on my issue with the active tune PLEASE let me know. 

There's a lot of misinformation here that we'd like to clear up. 

Yes, you cannot modify our custom mapping or view it when you purchase one of our custom secured mapping files. This protects us from IP theft, and it protects the end user from modifying mapping in a way that will negatively impact the bike's rideability. All of our custom mapping is built on the dyno for each specific intake/exhaust system (and much of it is built using Active Tune systems), so the Active Tune should only ever be used for Live Correction.

The Active Tune will absolutely not fight the effects of disabling the deceleration fuel cut, and the deceleration fuel cut should always be disabled on these bikes.

The issue you're describing with stalling at idle seems much more like a false air/exhaust pulse stagnation issue than anything else. Poor sensor placement in the pipe could absolutely cause problems with any wideband system in any engine application. What you're describing specifically is not an issue we have seen before when using the Active Tune systems on these bikes, and we have flashed and tuned thousands of these ECU's. There is almost certainly a variable that you're missing that is leading you in the wrong direction. 

The Active Tune system is simply the "icing on the cake" for these bikes. Our custom mapping will get you 97-98% of the way to "perfectly" dialed in! The Active Tune system simply accounts for the 2-3% variation we see from one bike to another due to mileage, manufacturer tolerances, etc.

For any specific questions, you guys are always best off just emailing us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com, and we are always happy to help!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

There's a lot of misinformation here that we'd like to clear up. 

Yes, you cannot modify our custom mapping or view it when you purchase one of our custom secured mapping files. This protects us from IP theft, and it protects the end user from modifying mapping in a way that will negatively impact the bike's rideability. All of our custom mapping is built on the dyno for each specific intake/exhaust system (and much of it is built using Active Tune systems), so the Active Tune should only ever be used for Live Correction.

The Active Tune will absolutely not fight the effects of disabling the deceleration fuel cut, and the deceleration fuel cut should always be disabled on these bikes.

The issue you're describing with stalling at idle seems much more like a false air/exhaust pulse stagnation issue than anything else. Poor sensor placement in the pipe could absolutely cause problems with any wideband system in any engine application. What you're describing specifically is not an issue we have seen before when using the Active Tune systems on these bikes, and we have flashed and tuned thousands of these ECU's. There is almost certainly a variable that you're missing that is leading you in the wrong direction. 

The Active Tune system is simply the "icing on the cake" for these bikes. Our custom mapping will get you 97-98% of the way to "perfectly" dialed in! The Active Tune system simply accounts for the 2-3% variation we see from one bike to another due to mileage, manufacturer tolerances, etc.

For any specific questions, you guys are always best off just emailing us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com, and we are always happy to help!

Thank you for clarifying that.