The MT-07 Forum

New Owner, longtime Yamster rider

Yamaholic Mike

Yamaholic Mike

My friend Greg Hageman did a faster sons xsr700, and before that he did some work to experiment on an fz-07.  I got lucky and that bike moved on to me.  More on that one this fall when it gets the rest of the treatments planned for it, but I did want to show off the bespoke stainless exhaust Mantra Moto did for us.  Super enjoyable ride, this fz.  All the best,

Mike

IMG_0096.PNG

Yamaholic Mike
1 hour ago, Redstang4 said:

Welcome Mike, I love the way it looks!

Thanks.  It's a work in progress and the finished project should look pretty different than this.  Headed to a vintage streetfighter vibe, if there had been streetfighters back in the day I guess. 

Pics and vids as progress is made is demanded!! lol. (Drooling emoticon here) :o

It looks like the exhaust goes 2 into 1, back out into/out of 2 again, how does it sound?  Any chance we could get a video showing?

Also how do you feel about those Pirelli Phantom tires?  Out of all the tire discussions here I dont think I've seen anyone mention running them on our fz.

If you're going to be doing more and shooting for a vintage street fighter look I have a suggestion. If you can get those same guys to do the pipes but make some old school dual exhaust, the type with one pipe on either side. There are a number of us here that like dual exhaust and would love to see it/hear it. It would probably be a first for this bike also so making history should be a good inspiration.

Beemer

Yamaholic Mike
55 minutes ago, Beemer said:

If you're going to be doing more and shooting for a vintage street fighter look I have a suggestion. If you can get those same guys to do the pipes but make some old school dual exhaust, the type with one pipe on either side. There are a number of us here that like dual exhaust and would love to see it/hear it. It would probably be a first for this bike also so making history should be a good inspiration.

We considered that too.  Greg Hageman has some ideas to do some variations on the bike, which I think will include some dualies.  Find him on the web and you will see what else he has done.  He is one of the good guys.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:25 AM, Yamaholic Mike said:

We considered that too.  Greg Hageman has some ideas to do some variations on the bike, which I think will include some dualies.  Find him on the web and you will see what else he has done.  He is one of the good guys.

Just found this. http://www.hagemanmc.com/ 

Looks interesting, will have to read about him now. Thanks!

Beemer

Yamaholic Mike
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Just found this. http://www.hagemanmc.com/ 

Looks interesting, will have to read about him now. Thanks!

Yep, that's my buddy Greg. The red/white/black xv920 and xj900 seca are bikes he did for me too.  He just did a 400 seca for me that is super cool too.  That one will hit the net in a month or two.  He is a one-man band building bikes in his garage in Iowa, and I have to admit I sure like is aesthetic and the fact that he is one of the nice guys in the business.  

Archived