The MT-07 Forum

How your Corbin seat was made

faffi

• Premium Member

This isn't an actual Corbin brand saddle being made in the video  but it definitely shows a lot of the same processes that Corbin uses I'm sure. :) 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Sorry, I must have copied and pasted the wrong link, but as you say, the process is quite similar.

This is the link I was meaning to post

A couple more

• 2 months later...

I thought it was going to be a video of them just taking hundred dollar bills and stuffing them into the leather. 

Interesting... the second video in that series they admit they don't use real leather. Pretty sure that's not what their website claims.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Interesting... the second video in that series they admit they don't use real leather. Pretty sure that's not what their website claims.

They offer both real leather and vinyl coverings to choose from. They recommend vinyl for the side panels due to them keeping their shape better than leather so the seat doesn't start to slouch as soon.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 1 year later...
imherefortheride

Our bike came with a Corbin seat. Man, the Corbin is HEAVY! But soo nice for long rides. Did a 200 mile day with a mix of slab and canyons and I just barely started feeling it 10 or so miles from home. I haven't tried the stock seat yet (seller included it) but will prob try it soon just for fun. 

Archived