The MT-07 Forum

Corbin Gunfighter Seat First Ride Impressions.

DewMan

39 minutes ago, Two-rocks said:

The seats changed for the ‘18 and up model year. The Corbin was fantastic, if you can find one for your model year. The looks are ‘different’ but once on the bike it works. 

damnit!! I wanted that seat :(  I want one but almost $600 seems crazy. used would be ideal

4 hours ago, Triple Jim said:

That could mean that most people are happy with the stock seat.  I've put a couple hundred miles on my 07 in a day and found the seat to be fine.  I'm not saying that everyone should be happy with a stock seat... just if most people are, there isn't much incentive for a company to make a better one.

There are some other options I know of, but not many.

Some people went with Luimoto for their gel inserts (some other companies make universal gel inserts, too, I think). Pricey for what they are, but still cheaper than a Corbin. I went this route - gel seat insert paired with their seat covers - and I'm happy. It was a bit of work, but it's definitely more comfortable than the stock foam padding.

I think a few people on here went the Bagster route, as well. They're probably the only other alternative seat manufacturer (only other one I've seen, anyway). I've seen some reviews of their products on other forums and was nervous as some said they had some serious damage done to their seats after getting caught in the rain; not sure if that's changed now, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, glacierblue said:

Are the seats for 17 models different than 2018 and up? @Two-rocks just posted one which says 2018 and up so I'm curious. I really want a nicer seat, when I go on longer rides my a$$ can't handle the stock seat LOL.

Yeah, the 14-17 had different bodywork and seats. 

Just got a Corbin seat, put it on, and there are gaps at the front where it meets the tank area and down along the sides, is this normal? hard to see looking at the pics in this thread if thats how its supposed to be.

nozeitgeist1800
5 hours ago, glacierblue said:

Just got a Corbin seat, put it on, and there are gaps at the front where it meets the tank area and down along the sides, is this normal? hard to see looking at the pics in this thread if thats how its supposed to be.

the gap at the front will close as the seat settles, only took a week for mine to close that gap (and be easier to unlock the seat with the key). as far as down along the sides, im not sure what you mean. here's what mine looks like from both sides (not good pic)

mc almost done.jpg

• Like 1

nozeitgeist1800
15 hours ago, glacierblue said:

Here's a little video of what I'm talking about: 

https://youtube.com/shorts/mZwmJ-gkmdY

ahhh, i see what youre talking about. mine definitely doesnt have that side gap now, and i dont think it came with one like it. that said, my memory is not to be trusted - i can hide my own easter eggs. i assume yes, but gotta ask - is the hook thing under the saddle properly seated? mine was a bit wonky the first few times i put it back on, had to kinda wedge it into the front before plopping the back end down. if it is properly seated, and there isnt anything in the way, id give corbin a call and see whats up.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:03 PM, nozeitgeist1800 said:

ahhh, i see what youre talking about. mine definitely doesnt have that side gap now, and i dont think it came with one like it. that said, my memory is not to be trusted - i can hide my own easter eggs. i assume yes, but gotta ask - is the hook thing under the saddle properly seated? mine was a bit wonky the first few times i put it back on, had to kinda wedge it into the front before plopping the back end down. if it is properly seated, and there isnt anything in the way, id give corbin a call and see whats up.

The "hook thing" appears to be properly seated to me. I guess I'll have to contact them and see what they say.