The MT-07 Forum

Corbin Gunfighter Seat First Ride Impressions.

DewMan

20 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Hmm...scam or saving $100?  Gunfighter for $389

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/corbin-y-fz7-14-g-gunfighter-saddle-seat-fz07-fz-07/

Googled the phone number and it sees legit, if not a bit odd. Shot the guy an email and I'll see what percolates. 

Emailed back and forth with Tom a couple times now. Free shipping in the US on top of being nearly $100 cheaper!

Been googling around and found his facebook page. If this whole thing was a sham then surely it would habe been exposed on facebook by now. Did some more googling and found several posts on random bike forums from people praising his great prices for several years now. How could this guy go under the radar with such great prices? 

Apologies for the derail, but if this can save a fellow future Corbin owner $100+ bucks then I figured I would mention it here. 

I'm tempted to pull the trigger. But that's just me. 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Just dooo eeeet! 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

14 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Emailed back and forth with Tom a couple times now. Free shipping in the US on top of being nearly $100 cheaper!

Been googling around and found his facebook page. If this whole thing was a sham then surely it would habe been exposed on facebook by now. Did some more googling and found several posts on random bike forums from people praising his great prices for several years now. How could this guy go under the radar with such great prices? 

Apologies for the derail, but if this can save a fellow future Corbin owner $100+ bucks then I figured I would mention it here. 

Gambling is fun, pull the trigger, see your prize!

Beemer

They are legitimate. That's where I ordered my seat from, even did some Customization beyond what the online configuration allowed, via email. My buddy did the same for his fz09 seat. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, shinyribs said:

Googled the phone number and it sees legit, if not a bit odd.

Did the same thing, I was looking for something else, and his prices are a lot cheaper. I was a little skeptical also. 

9 minutes ago, fzar said:

Did the same thing, I was looking for something else, and his prices are a lot cheaper. I was a little skeptical also. 

Did you ever order from him? 

3 hours ago, JBrock said:

They are legitimate. That's where I ordered my seat from, even did some Customization beyond what the online configuration allowed, via email. My buddy did the same for his fz09 seat. 

Thank, man. I appreciate the input. 

And I believe you are right about the extra customization. Corbin's site gives options on what color stitches you want, but I don't want any stitches on a motorcycle seat. I asked Tom about them in an email and he said it wouldn't be a problem and that I wasn't the first person to request that. 

Will update when my seat comes in :D

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Did you ever order from him? 

Not yet, I had a axle issue that became a priority, and then I had the woodcraft riser plate recall. @shinyribs

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 12:05 PM, DewMan said:

I'm old enough that I had to do math before I replied . 😁 I'll be 54 later this year.

And yes, I'm sure age has a lot to do with it. When I was your age seat comfort was never an issue.

How many miles are your rides normally? My usual outings are 150-200 miles in a day. With the Corbin saddle I'm able to do them with minimal discomfort. It starts to get noticeable, but not painful, after a couple hours in the saddle.  I start to feel it in the back of the thighs where the pressure  is much better spread out. 

Where as the factory plank would start to get painful after about an hour and it would hit me right at a single small pressure point on each butt cheek that I couldn't adjust the load from no matter how I sat on it. It felt like sitting on the wooden plank bleachers.

Enjoy your youth while you can... Just remember that you're not as bullet proof as you think you are.  And please don't be a squid so you don't end up being a squish. ✌️

As you age, usually you put on weight and that causes weight per psi to cause the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Corbin seat was a massive upgrade over stock. I also got the back rest for two up rides and it's a really nice addition. Wasn't crazy about the look online but it's much better in person.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I’m looking at getting this seat but I’m curious how you get to the rear seat storage with it? Thanks.

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, glacierblue said:

I’m looking at getting this seat but I’m curious how you get to the rear seat storage with it? Thanks.

You remove the gunfighter the same way you remove the pillion seat currently, you use the key to unlock/unlatch the rear of it and tilt it forward and off. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

13 minutes ago, DewMan said:

You remove the gunfighter the same way you remove the pillion seat currently, you use the key to unlock/unlatch the rear of it and tilt it forward and off. 👍

oh ok. it looks like they’re custom made, what materials did you do for yours if you remember? mine is glacier blue so I kinda wanted some blue accents on the seat. I added a pic of what I have right now.

DC1E140A-BEE3-4082-8998-4391E81E03C6.jpeg

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, glacierblue said:

oh ok. it looks like they’re custom made, what materials did you do for yours if you remember? mine is glacier blue so I kinda wanted some blue accents on the seat. I added a pic of what I have right now.

You can see mine on page 1 of this thread:

I ordered distressed grey for the seating area and charcoal grey for the rest of it with black stitching and no piping. I didn't want it to stick out, I just wanted it to be comfortable. The photo below really  is in color 

IMG_0544_small.thumb.jpg.0e0d10faab841ceff713ba5fde53e9af.jpg

side_exhaust.thumb.jpg.b682d325b7a70edad70e3759d5b3ee8b.jpg

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

nozeitgeist1800
On 8/14/2021 at 10:38 PM, glacierblue said:

DC1E140A-BEE3-4082-8998-4391E81E03C6.jpeg

i got my gunfighter + lady seat from corbin 2 weeks ago and i already adore it. absolutely adore it.

when i talked with the people at corbin (very nice btw) they recommended to use vinyl on the sides instead of leather, since the leather doesnt do well with being squished like that. im very happy and almost cant tell a difference between the leather and vinyl.  i went with black leather on top, black vinyl on sides, and red stitching and welt. works great with my blacked out bike with red accents. plan to post pics once i have the exhaust / crash cage on in a week or so.

8 hours ago, nozeitgeist1800 said:

i got my gunfighter + lady seat from corbin 2 weeks ago and i already adore it. absolutely adore it.

when i talked with the people at corbin (very nice btw) they recommended to use vinyl on the sides instead of leather, since the leather doesnt do well with being squished like that. im very happy and almost cant tell a difference between the leather and vinyl.  i went with black leather on top, black vinyl on sides, and red stitching and welt. works great with my blacked out bike with red accents. plan to post pics once i have the exhaust / crash cage on in a week or so.

that's good to hear! afaik all the material in the pic is vinyl, nothing I picked said leather...I like the "distressed" look like dewman was talking about which is what's on the seat. the sides are cf vinyl. I may change it a little bit and then order it, idk yet.

On 10/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, shinyribs said:

Hmm...scam or saving $100?  Gunfighter for $389

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/corbin-y-fz7-14-g-gunfighter-saddle-seat-fz07-fz-07/

Googled the phone number and it sees legit, if not a bit odd. Shot the guy an email and I'll see what percolates. 

I tried to follow this link; unfortunately it appears that it is no longer offered by them. You can still order through Corbin but the appeal of no stiches in the seating pad intrigued me. I have contacted Corbin on the matter of doing without and was not given a definitive no. I was instead told "most of our seats need to have a stitch pattern to hold the leather to the foam"

nozeitgeist1800
3 hours ago, RyanS93 said:

I tried to follow this link; unfortunately it appears that it is no longer offered by them. You can still order through Corbin but the appeal of no stiches in the seating pad intrigued me. I have contacted Corbin on the matter of doing without and was not given a definitive no. I was instead told "most of our seats need to have a stitch pattern to hold the leather to the foam"

im sorry to hear that they dont have it available through biohazard. its funny that someone thought this site was a scam, i was concerned as well when i first found it while looking for an exhaust. but it seems legit, at least in my few purchases, including my akrapovic full titanium system for like $150 cheaper than anywhere else i could find. but, everything showed up, exactly how it was supposed to

On 8/16/2021 at 8:19 PM, RyanS93 said:

Long story short, biohazardcycles was awesome to deal with, but Corbin was a nightmare. Corbin convinced me to do a stitched seat when I didn't want one. My own fault for caving. They told me if I didn't take the stitches that they wouldn't give a warranty. Sort of a bully move imo. 

The seat arrived damaged ( material was stretched extraordinarily tight over a sharp edge) so it got returned for repair. The portion that needed repair was made of the wrong material per my order, and the stitched panel was also damaged. Plus I really hated the stitches even more at this point, since I felt I allowed myself to be bullied in to them. They had to replace that piece anyway, so I asked Corbin to honor my original order and to leave off the stitches. They refused, unless I paid extra for " custom alterations". Even though I agreed to forego any warranty ( risky move since it showed up torn), per the original agreement, they still refused to do it unless I paid extra for it.

In short, my Corbin seat is very comfy, but the stiches look very dated ( let's be real, it's cruiser styling on a hypernaked... period) and give me a wet ass just like we all suspect they would. Would I do it again? No, because I'll never give Corbin another penny. Their customer service is beyond poor, it's actually rude and bullying. My NEW seat, damaged during assembly,  that got sent back for repairs was kicked to the back of the waiting line. Behind others that had sent their seats back independently for recovering due to age, use, etc.

Tom at biohazardcycles was embarrassed by how Corbin acted throughout the whole ordeal and wished to refund me out of his own pocket. I refused to put him in that position, but it shows how much he does value his customers. 

If he decided to drop Corbin, I don't blame him. But biohazardcycles is stand up for sure.

Edited by shinyribs
  • Like 1

Wow what an experience and is why I'd drop them too.

Honestly I like the single seat design the stitching is a big thing for me, though the styling on the rest of it could be better but at that point it is what it is.

The price point I feel is a little high already and for them to want extra money to not have seat stitches is obsurd. I can understand the warranty aspect though. 

It's shocking that there are so few options for a better seat out there. 

1 hour ago, RyanS93 said:

It's shocking that there are so few options for a better seat out there. 

That could mean that most people are happy with the stock seat.  I've put a couple hundred miles on my 07 in a day and found the seat to be fine.  I'm not saying that everyone should be happy with a stock seat... just if most people are, there isn't much incentive for a company to make a better one.

Are the seats for 17 models different than 2018 and up? @Two-rocks just posted one which says 2018 and up so I'm curious. I really want a nicer seat, when I go on longer rides my a$$ can't handle the stock seat LOL.

The seats changed for the ‘18 and up model year. The Corbin was fantastic, if you can find one for your model year. The looks are ‘different’ but once on the bike it works.