kpxshorty

i like to order Black widow for my fz-07

ebay dont have it.

looking for web site that ship to US.

also which one have best sound??

look youtube. but cant decide.

thanks you help!

• Global Moderator

"Best sound" is VERY subjective.  I think the stock exhaust has the best sound as I prefer a more quiet bike.  I know there are many people who do not agree with me though (as hard as it is to believe I might be wrong 😜).

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

"Best sound" is VERY subjective.  I think the stock exhaust has the best sound as I prefer a more quiet bike.  I know there are many people who do not agree with me though (as hard as it is to believe I might be wrong 1f61c.png).

I just want an exhaust that sounds less like a sewing machine.... It doesn't need to be louder..... just more bass rumble. That would be my "Best sound" ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The best sound is when you drill 3/8 inch holes in a spiral pattern down the headers.  Then use 1 inch hole saws on the muffwer  8 of them 4 on the top 4 on the bottom

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Here's the link to Black Widow's site

https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/low-level-655-c.asp

You can pay via PayPal which will convert the currency for you and they do ship to the US.

I got mine in April and love it. Here's a video.

And yes, "best sounding" has different meanings for everyone! Best thing to do is check them out in real life at a bike meetup or second best is to look them up on YouTube.

Edited by Duke
Formatting
  • Like 1

You do you and I'll do me.

4 hours ago, DewMan said:

I just want an exhaust that sounds less like a sewing machine.... It doesn't need to be louder..... just more bass rumble. That would be my "Best sound" ✌️

I have the perfect combo for you...  I have the stock exhaust with the snorkel removed, 2WDW flash, and a MWR air filter. The MWR filter is what does it sound wise. What you hear when you are idling and accelerating is the stronger/cooler suck sound of the intake. It adds a little more sound that has a bit of throaty to it. The noise level is enough to drown out the sewing machine, but not to the level that the bike is loud. It runs great too. That combo with my R6 throttle tube is all I want motor-wise for my FZ.

Edited by FZ07R WaNaB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I have the perfect combo for you...  I have the stock exhaust with the snorkel removed, 2WDW flash, and a MWR air filter. The MWR filter is what does it sound wise. What you hear when you are idling and accelerating is the stronger/cooler suck sound of the intake. It adds a little more sound that has a bit of throaty to it. The noise level is enough to drown out the sewing machine, but not to the level that the bike is loud. It runs great too. That combo with my R6 throttle tube is all I want motor-wise for my FZ.

Do you have a tutorial or link on how to remove snorkel? Or even a quick play by play =] I may buy a horde filter, pull out the snorkel, ECU flash by 2wdw, and save myself some doe on the exhaust 😃

• Premium Member
On 1/12/2019 at 2:38 AM, Vex said:

I may buy a horde filter, pull out the snorkel,

You do that,^^^, you'll have no need to worry about the snorkel as the whole air-box will have to be removed.  If you want a flash and snorkel removal, send the ecu to @2wheeldynoworks while you wait for it to return (very fast) .

1. Take the seat off.

2. Take the plastics from around the tank off.

3. Take the 4 bolts at the rear of the tank out.

4. Loosen the bolt on the front of the tank. (No need to remove it)

5. Get a piece of 2x4 or whatever you have to wedge the back of the tank up (#3 area) to give yourself some room to work.

6. Remove the phillips screws holding the air filter cover on the top of the box, very visible.

7. Grab a flashlight and a phillips screwdriver long shaft, or as long as you have. On the clutch side (left) of the air filter with the flash light you'll see a rectangular channel that has a screw down in there. Get that out, pull the filter out.

8. Do whatever you want to get the snorkel off, I did a lot of pushing the edges while trying to seperate it, I ended up using a flathead screwdriver to break the rubber seal away from the filter cover.

9. Reinstall in reverse pattern.

If you've never taken the plastics off the tank area, google it. I'm not going to get into each screw and tab. It's easy, take your time the ecu hasn't even gotten to Kirkland ,WA.

If you have a 2018 it might be slightly different.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just got the BW 230mm round  GP Style Carbon Fibre Silencer+Blue Tip for my 2018 MT. Emailed them and asked about compatibility since it wasn't listed and they confirmed the same day. Placed the order on Tuesday morning  and it arrived on Thursday. Had it on that weekend and LOVE IT!!! Sound is infinitely better than stock (of course) and completely changes the bike. Videos do not do the comparisons any justice. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, rcubed3 said:

Just got the BW 230mm round  GP Style Carbon Fibre Silencer+Blue Tip for my 2018 MT. Emailed them and asked about compatibility since it wasn't listed and they confirmed the same day. Placed the order on Tuesday morning  and it arrived on Thursday. Had it on that weekend and LOVE IT!!! Sound is infinitely better than stock (of course) and completely changes the bike. Videos do not do the comparisons any justice. 

Did you have to get a tune done on the bike after installing the BW?

On 1/24/2018 at 2:07 PM, mjh937 said:

"Best sound" is VERY subjective.  I think the stock exhaust has the best sound as I prefer a more quiet bike.  I know there are many people who do not agree with me though (as hard as it is to believe I might be wrong 😜).

I agree completely.  I love riding through the deserted countryside around here and hearing mostly wind in my helmet.

• Like 2