The MT-07 Forum

Ohlins, K-tech, Bitubo or Matris

MattV

Hi, I've been reading this sub since last spring when I purchased a 2015 grey/black MT-07 and finally got around to register yesterday. 

Had a Suzuki Bandit GSF600 before that, which, if you have owned one, know that the suspension is beyond crap. 

Installed some preloaders and new spings on that bike, but sold it before I managed to swap out the rear shock.

So when I got the MT I was very pleased, fast and nimble bike, and to me the suspesion was 10x better than my last bike, no complaining there. 

After a seson of riding it, I feel that the suspesion is somewhat soft and bouncy. I like to think it's because I've gained experience and gotten better at riding, but in reality I've also gained 15 pounds 😬

I've been researching this sub for tips on what to buy, and I see alot off different brands that are recommended.

Since I live in Norway it's not so easy to get a hold of products in US without paying insane amounts for shipping.. So I've narrowed it down to Ohlins, K-tech, Bitubo and Matris since I can buy these from an EU site. 

I'm 90kg(200lbs), 1,93m(6,3feet)

Ohlins Basic Suspension Kit (Shock Absorber + Springs + Fork Oil) 494 Euro

Bitubo XZE 11 404 Euro

Matris MY120.5KD 424 Euro

K-tech Razor-r Lite 330 Euro

K-tech Razor-RR 472 Euro

What I'm thinking of buying is the Razor-r lite with K-tech HPFS 9.0N fork springs for 397,5 Euro, 100 Euro cheaper than the Ohlins kit. 

All prices are without VAT btw. 

What do you guys think? Hope this thread can help out other people who are wondering aswell. 

- Matt

• Global Moderator

I have a Nitron R1 on the way so that is another option.  Sorry to not narrow down your choice.  

18 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I have a Nitron R1 on the way so that is another option.  Sorry to not narrow down your choice.  

Nice, will check that one out too.

6 hours ago, MattV said:

What I'm thinking of buying is the Razor-r lite with K-tech HPFS 9.0N fork springs for 397,5 Euro

yes.

• Like 2
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 2 years later...

I'm also interested in the K-Tech suspension for forks and rear shock. How do I go about determining what spring rate I need? I'm 185lbs and 5'10". Thanks! 
Also, is @pattonme a vendor of Ktech and have any group deal or discounts? 

-Scott

• Premium Member
cornerslider
6 hours ago, skawdee said:

I'm also interested in the K-Tech suspension for forks and rear shock. How do I go about determining what spring rate I need? I'm 185lbs and 5'10". Thanks! 
Also, is @pattonme a vendor of Ktech and have any group deal or discounts? 

-Scott

Any K-tech dealer should be able to set you up with the correct spring rate. I have K-Tech on three of my bikes. For street use, the K-Tech "Lite" is perfect. If you plan to track it, the Razor "R" is better. If you go full race mode, the "RR" version is a really good choice. The shock body on the "RR" version is slightly longer, and will raise the rear end slightly. Hope that helps you out-

• Like 1

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"